Chapter Three: Play Date

Their house was fucking huge.

Those were the first words that popped into Hinata's head as she stared at the house in front of her. It took some time for her to find it — another train ride to the other side of the city and a few minutes walking down a long winding street of stunning houses. It made Hinata realize how different their lives were from hers.

She could have had this, she knew as much. She could almost hear her father nagging in the back of her head, telling her to take biochemistry or physics seriously, or something similar. Maybe if she had pursued a career in STEM, then she'd also have a big house like this, but she didn't.

Hinata pulled her hair into a small ponytail, combing back her bangs as she mentally checked herself. She looked a mess, out of place standing there in nothing but some cargo pants and a thin short sleeved hoodie. Instead of knocking on the door, she remained standing in the driveway, ready to text Sasuke that she was outside until the sound of the garage opening startled her.

"You're here." Sasuke unintentionally glared at her, the sun in his eyes weren't helping at all. "Why didn't you call?" He flicked on a switch, "you should probably move."

"I was about to." She walked up the driveway, curious as to why he told her to move 'til the sprinklers turned on.

"She's in the backyard waiting for you." Sasuke left the garage door open, not telling her to follow him but she understood the silent words he spoke.

"I hope she wasn't waiting for too long." Hinata mumbled. She almost gasped again once she stepped past the gates leading to the equally large backyard. There was a pool, a beautiful deck, flowerbeds, and a playhouse for Sarada.

She sat inside, talking to herself as she played with her dolls. She stopped what she was doing once she saw Sasuke, her smile widening when Hinata came into view as well. "You brought her!" She ran out of the miniature house.

"She came to see you." Sasuke stepped to the side and let Sarada stand in front of Hinata.

"Did you really?" She held her hand.

"Mhm." Hinata smiled, resting her other hand on top of her head. "You wanted to colour, and I couldn't come last time, so here I am."

"Daddy, can I take her to my room?" She turned to Sasuke, "that's where all my colours are."

"Make sure she doesn't get lost." He chuckled, "I'll be in the garage if you two need me."

"Okay!" Sarada hugged him quickly, "let's go." She grabbed onto Hinata's hand and led the way to the back door. "No boys allowed."

"No boys allowed." Hinata repeated.

The inside of the house was just as big as the outside, Hinata's eyes remained slightly widened the further they walked in. Everything went well together; from the floorboards, the cabinets in the kitchen, the couches in the living room, and the pictures on the wall. Even the potted plants they had fit the entire vibe of the house.

"My room is even prettier." Sarada walked up the stairs with Hinata in tow. "I want to change it, but mommy said 'no'."

"Really? What do you want to change it to?" Hinata asked, glancing into every room with opened doors.

Sarada shrugged, "I don't know, maybe you can help me." She opened the door to her room and turned on the lights.

She was right, her room really was prettier. As pretty as a five year old's room can be. It wasn't pink — that's the first thing Hinata noticed — instead, the room had accents of green. Her bed was elevated on top of extra storage, a shelf of her books were pushed against the same wall, there was a desk under the window and her drawings were on the opposite wall of it all.