Chapter 3

A/N Hi. So I know it's been a loooooooooooong time since my last update, but I'm back.I have good reasons for the lack of updates tho. Number one, I had my end of term exams. Number two, I went to camp for a week. Number three, I had no motivation to write, whatsoever. Finally, number four, I've been busy reading other fanfics.

Adelaide's POV

Ms. Gina told Irene to lead the stretch, and told Mathew to lead the warm-up. Irene walked to the middle of the circle while she gave me the biggest glare I had ever seen. If looks could kill, I would've died as soon as Ms Gina had assigned our places. I knew she was glaring at me, but not why. And then it hit me,

I laughed at what he said.

It's not even like he was speaking to me, I just laughed because I am a Harry Potter obsessed person. Let me elaborate. When Ms Gina used him as example, he said ' Are you serious?' and I laughed because my mind went to Sirius Black.

It's funny to me though, because I could never see Theo having a crush on me. I mean he had the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen, the cutest dimples, and was just a beautiful person, and I don't want to sound like a pick-me, but I was me.

{Itty bitty timeskip}

Finally, after a while of warming up and stretching, we were told by Ms. Gina to go and shower. I considered going to catch up with Irene, but decided that it would be better to let her calm down. I slowly walked toward the benches where my bag was and took off my clothes, so that I was left in only my swimming costume. Once I'd stuffed all my clothes into my bag, I went and showered.

After I showered, I sat at the edge of the pool with my feet in the water, as Ms Gina had told us to do so while we were still leaving our clother. A couple of minutes passed, and I felt a presence beside me. I was going to start explaining to her, but I was surprised to be met not with the brown of Irene's doe eyes, but the honey-colored eyes of Theo Lavendish. Oh my god, Theo frickin' Lavendish.

"Hello," he said while I was internally freaking out, " I just saw you sitting here alone so I thought I'd come and say hello, but now that I think about it, you're probably waiting for one of your friends, and I'm just bothering you, and now I realise I haven't even let you speak and I'm sorry for my ranting."

I blinked rapidly as I looked at him properly and saw a familiar expression on his face... it almost seemed like... nervousness? I quickly dispersed the thought and remembered that I still hadn't responded to him.

" Right! Erm... Hi!" I responded while mentally facepalming. God I must sound like an idiot. " I'm actually not waiting for anyone, except for Ms Gina to tell us what to do, of course, so erm... you're not interrupting anything." except for my thoughts about how Harry Styles and Timothee Chalamet are gorgeous men.

" So... can I sit down?"

" Yeah, totally, absolutely, plenty of space here! I mean erm... sure." I tried to play it off cool but that didn't work, as he chuckled at me.

" I'm Theo Lavendish by the way." he said while taking a seat behind me.

" Oh, I know! I mean, Adelaide Sullivan, is me, that's my name!" I answered without thinking.

" So, how'd you know my name?"

"Oh um... you know, when Ms Gina said your name, and also when you get a special award at assemblies." I lied.