The Watchman of the Underworld

-3rd POV-

"Rook and Epel followed us all the way here?!" Vil exclaimed, hearing what Idia just told him.

"And they brought (Y/n) and her twin with 'em." Idia added on.

"(Y/n) and Shoto too?! Please, tell me you're joking!"

"Wish I was, dude. Their attack's gonna go down as the wildest thing to ever happen at Styx."

"What possessed them to do such a thing? Were they actually trying to rescue me?"

The blue haired male looked at the boy, "Ortho, go on and give him the stuff Rook brought."

"Roger." Ortho said, before grabbing the case and presenting it to the male, "Here you are, Vil Schoenheit-san. A full set of your preferred skincare products!" He smiled.

The blond's eyes widen, "...I beg your pardon?"

"Right?! That's the normal reaction! When Rook came flying up to the island on that broom...He held out those bottles and was like, "You must give these to Vil!" And I swear every Styx staffer there just froze in place." Idia said.

"He said he was here to rescue his boon companion from mortal peril." The boy said.

Vil laughed, "I could hug and kiss all of them right now. Then I'd slap them in the face. I thought I was used to Rook's antics, but this truly takes the cake. And then there's Epel, (Y/n) and Shoto! I explicitly told them not to get involved. They just never listen. I must give them a stern talking-to once we get back. They need to understand how foolish this was." He frowned, before smiling, "But since they were kind enough to bring it all, I'll gladly take it." He  grabbed them, before looking at one of the bottles, "Hm? This serum..." He muttered.

"Something wrong?"

"Oh, no, not really. This isn't what I normally use. It's a high-end product imbued with a special cantrip. After seeing how violently the Charon troops dragged me off...Rook must've feared I was in dire straits."

"They knew they didn't stand a chance, yet they came after you anyway. Rook and the others must be really caring friends." He smiled.

"Uh, what they did was beyond "caring." More like creepy, TBH." Idia said.

"Heh. Rook can certainly be eccentric, but once you get used to it, you see he's quite affable and honest. Honest to fault sometimes, and utterly devoid of tact...But regardless, he's ensured I'll be in top form for my photo shoot next week. I imagine not every subject is allowed to receive care packages from the outside. Thank you, boss." Vil smiled.

"Eh, no biggie. I just threw a howling beast a bone. Had to calm him somehow."

"You really do have a special talent for getting on people's nerves. Well, if we're all done, then I'll return to my room."

"Yeah, cool. Later." He said, as the blond walked out the room. He then heard a sound, to which he picked up the call, "Idia Shroud speaking."

"Acting Director, I have a status report on the River Lethe for Case LOD-627. It's 88% charged and should be ready tonight at 2000 hours...to use on Subjects A though E, all of Sage's Island, and other related parties. The Mnemosyne info-scrubbing team is handling the information that was disseminated online." The technician on the other line said.

"Okay, good to know. Schedule the flood for 0000 hours."

"Copy that. We'll dispatch Hexa Team to Sage's Island to deal with matters there."

"Got it. Oh yeah...Malleus Draconia, Briar Valley's heir apparent, is a student at Night Raven College. Lethe works differently on fae. Make sure you adjust accordingly. You wouldn't wanna erase info that someone with his long life span would be expected to know."