sɪxᴛᴇᴇɴ.

Dear Mr.Right

Ok...It's presentation day and I'm so damn nervous. I wouldn't really say it's cuz I'm shy, I have no problem speaking my mind but I don't really like confrontation I guess. On top of that, who the hell likes to speak in front of crowds, this #sucks. But I think having Yamir up there with me will make me feel better, I just don't wanna mess up :(
Anyways, wish me luck I guess!

 But I think having Yamir up there with me will make me feel better, I just don't wanna mess up :( Anyways, wish me luck I guess!

"Hey where are you?"I asked nervously, holding my phone closely to my mouth.

"I have practice—I told you that, what's wrong?" Yamir questioned in concern, his tone soft and genuine.

I forgot he did tell me that, I guess after our week long holiday break I had just gotten so used to being able to call him up whenever. Now that we were back in school, he was so busy again.

"oh wait you're right—I'm sorry, nevermind." I responded guilty.

"Nah forget that—what's wrong?" He repeated.

"—yo give me a second." He then said seriously to someone who had must've been trying to talk to him.

"it's nothing really—I was just kinda freaking out about our presentation later, I wanted to be around you but I totally forgot you had practice I'm sorry." I told him honestly.

"oh, it's okay," he reassured, "don't freak out, we got this— there's nothin' for you to be nervous about."

"I know, I just can't help it. I really don't wanna mess up."  I responded.

He waited a couple of seconds, then spoke once again.

"Tell you what," he started, "I've got like an hour left for practice, come wait for me on the bleachers until I'm done." He suggested.

"Is that even allowed?" I asked.

"Yeah, plenty of the guys' girlfriends do it." He responded.

After those words left his mouth I felt those familiar butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"—are you sure that you're okay with that Yamir?" I asked again.

"Stop overthinking it Hayden." He said simply.

"But I—"

"Cut.It.Out." He demanded simply.

"okay.." I mumbled lowly.

"—Marino you gonna stay on that phone all day or are you gonna join us!?" I heard a voice that I guess belonged to their coach echo from through the phone.

"I'm on my way coach, one sec." Yamir responded.

"are you on your way?" He then asked me.

"Yeah," I said truthfully, as I began to make my way from the the front of the school and headed to the field they played on.