9 - after the party

Eren's POV

"Speedy, c'mon, let's get you out of here," I say with a sigh. I can't believe I spent half of this night with this girl on a freezing balcony instead of hanging out with my friends, that big boy Reiner and all. I also could've charmed some women into buying from me, but instead, I've been stuck with a wasted Speedy.

"Nope."

"Speedy."

"Nuh-uh."

"You're being stupid," I tell her, hoping to rile her up and blackmail her into following me back into the party. I can't risk leaving her here, out in the cold all drunk and unstable. The number of times I've had to pull her back from falling down this balcony... Jesus.

"Did you just call me stupid?"

"You are stupid."

She gets shocked, and it's cute looking down at her frowning like that, with her hands on her hips and all. Goddamn, those hips.

Oh, no. Nope. Shoo it all away, we are not going there.

We are not going to be thinking of her hips or her waist or the exposure of her cleavage or her fucking enticing legs that I'm so tempted to-- What the fuck. No!

I must be interested in the dress. That's all. That's the only plausible explanation as to why my mind is going crazy about Speedy in this dress.

She scoffs, bringing my inappropriate and plainly stupid train of thoughts to a halt. "Oh, you think you're all that? All you have is a pretty face."

How am I supposed to not smile at that? Speedy just complimented me. You don't see that happening often. "You think I have a pretty face?"

And she scoffs again. "I know you have a pretty face. God should be punished for giving someone like you a pretty face."

This is getting amusing. "I thought you were god."

"I am, but you're not letting me go- go to the sky. I need to rise. Like Jesus."

This is impossible. Screw this, I'll just pick her up into the air and deal with the consequences later. "If you really wanna rise that bad," I say and bend closer to her waist, breathing in her scent as one of my hands wraps around her waist, and the other around her legs. I pick her up, my grip tight on her thighs so she won't fall head-first into the floor, and I realise this brings her ass right next to my face. I close my eyes and take a deep, deep breath. Consequences, Jeager. God, why don't I think things through?

I hear her drunkenly groan, and then she's sloppily hitting my back. She starts giggling when I take a step forward. "Jeager, What if I throw up all over your back?"

That stops my step. "Alright," I put her back onto her feet and hold her arm to stop her from stumbling around. "Can we just leave before you jump off and break your skull?"

"No, I feel lazy." She leaves me no choice. "And I won't jum--" I am now squatting with my back to her. What have I come to? "Oh, do you want me to braid your hair?"

I hold her wrist and pull her onto my back before her drunk ass can further ruin my hair, her face falling next to my neck. I look to my side, and my eyes drop to her lips. I avert my gaze before I can think further about how kissable her lips look. Goddamn, what is the matter with me? "Get on."

"Huh?"

Yeah, same. "Get on, fucker. You're all woozy and I can't leave you on your own here." She argues against it but I somehow convince her, and I also grab her other arm and pull it over my shoulder so she gives in. I pick her up and sigh to myself. "I shouldn't have given you that bottle. I shouldn't have even come here." Why did I even bother coming?