1. Home alone

"Hmm... it's uncomfortably... quiet..."

As soon as the water in the shower was turned off, Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed. Without thinking, he immediately turned the water back on. Taehyung took a deep breath as he heard the sound of the water pouring down again. Returning home after four years, he never expected to feel this way in the house where he had grown up since he was born. He was so lonely now. He was so lonely that he felt depressed.

"I should have let Jimin stay..."

Taehyung stood still with his head down, entrusting his whole body to the pouring water. But he couldn't stay like that forever. Taehyung let out a long sigh and reached out to grab the shower handle. When the water stopped and the surroundings became quiet, Taehyung immediately put on his bathrobe and grabbed the doorknob to get out of the bathroom.

"Bixby, play the music in my playlist!"

Taehyung shouted as he stepped out of the bathroom.

That faint voice of yours that grazed me
Please call my name one more time
I'm standing still under the frozen light, but
I will walk towards you, step by step
Still with you~

🎵🎶🎶🎵🎶🎵🎵🎶🎶~

Taehyung leaned against the wall for a moment and listened to the music in a daze. When the piano interlude ended and Jungkook's voice began to be heard again, he could feel a lump in his heart.

"Kookie..."

Taehyung bit his lip and tried to hold back the tears, but to no avail. He gasped as he felt the salty water seep between his lips.

"No, no, you can't be like this! Why are you acting like an idiot?! Kim Taehyung, you're really selfish..."

Taehyung scolded himself as he hunched his shoulders, he crossed his arms in front of his chest, and grabbed the shower robe at his shoulder. Understanding and disappointment seemed to be feelings that inevitably arise for their own reasons.

Taehyung could truly understand why Jungkook couldn't meet him at the airport today and why he still makes him alone. But, just because he understood it, the current situation could not have been okay with him. Besides, he was naturally prone to loneliness. And especially in this house where his childhood was intact, his tendency seemed to shake him more easily. In this house he was happy, but he also had to keep himself busy because he didn't want to feel lonely.

 In this house he was happy, but he also had to keep himself busy because he didn't want to feel lonely

Taehyung was sitting by the window wearing a baggy shirt and black cotton pants. His hair, blow-dried carelessly, was frizzy, but he didn't care. It was sunny outside, but his room, with only a mood light on one side of the room, was a bit gloomy. Just like how he feels right now...