chapter 1

Sakura's mind was racing as she lay down to sleep, her thoughts consumed by the failures and losses she had suffered. Memories of the war and the lives she had been unable to save flooded her mind, causing her to toss and turn in her sleep.

Suddenly, she was jolted awake by a nightmare. Her heart was pounding, and she was covered in sweat. She sat up and took deep breaths, trying to calm herself down.

Shikamaru, who had been sleeping nearby, stirred and sat up, his eyes heavy with sleep. "Sakura, are you okay?" he asked, his voice groggy.

Sakura shook her head, tears streaming down her face. "I...I keep having nightmares about the war," she said, her voice shaking. "I...I feel like I failed everyone. I couldn't save Naruto, and I couldn't save my friends. I'm useless."

Shikamaru's expression softened, and he wrapped his arms around her. "You're not useless, Sakura," he said, his voice gentle. "You did everything you could. You saved countless lives, and you fought bravely. You're a hero."

Sakura buried her face in his chest, sobbing. "I...I don't feel like a hero," she said, her voice muffled. "I feel like I let everyone down."

Shikamaru held her close, rubbing her back soothingly. "It's okay to feel that way," he said. "But you need to remember that you're not alone. We're all in this together, and we'll get through it together."

Sakura nodded, taking comfort in his words. She felt safe and protected in his embrace, and soon she fell asleep again, her head resting on his chest.

The next morning, Sakura woke up feeling more rested than she had in weeks. She sat up and stretched, feeling energized and ready to face the day.

"Good morning," she said, smiling at Shikamaru, who was still sleeping.

He groaned and rolled over, burying his face in the pillow. "Too early," he mumbled.

Sakura chuckled and got out of bed, walking over to the desk where the research for the time-traveling seal was laid out. She studied it intently, her mind racing with the possibilities.

Suddenly, she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around to see Kakashi standing behind her, his expression serious.

"Sakura, we need to talk," he said.

Sakura felt a knot form in her stomach. "What's wrong?" she asked, her voice shaking.

Kakashi sighed and sat down next to her. "It's about the Edo Tensei," he said, his voice grave. "I know you want to learn it, but...it's dangerous. It involves sacrificing a human soul. Are you sure you're ready for that?"

Sakura bit her lip, feeling conflicted. She knew the risks, but she also knew that it was the only way to learn about the past and potentially save the future.

"I...I know it's dangerous," she said, her voice trembling. "But we need to do whatever it takes to stop Orochimaru. We can't just sit here and wait for him to find us."

Kakashi nodded, his expression softening. "I understand," he said. "But we need to be careful. This is a dangerous path we're treading, and there's no going back once we start down it."

Sakura nodded, her resolve firming. She knew what she had to do, no matter the cost.

As the day went on, Sakura continued to study Edo Tensei, determined to master the technique

As the day went on, Sakura continued to study Edo Tensei, determined to master the technique. She practiced the hand signs over and over again, committing them to memory.

But as the hours passed, she couldn't shake the feeling of unease that had settled in her stomach. She knew that the Edo Tensei was a dangerous technique, and the thought of sacrificing a human soul made her feel sick.

Shikamaru noticed her distress and sat down next to her. "Hey," he said, his voice soft. "You okay?"

Sakura shook her head, her eyes fixed on the scroll. "I don't know," she said. "I know that we need to learn the Edo Tensei, but...I don't know if I can do it. The thought of sacrificing someone's soul..."

Shikamaru put his arm around her. "I know," he said. "It's not an easy thing to think about. But you need to remember why we're doing this. We're trying to stop Orochimaru and save the future. And sometimes, that means making difficult choices."

Sakura nodded, taking comfort in his words. She knew that he was right. If they didn't learn the Edo Tensei, they might not be able to stop Orochimaru. And if they didn't stop Orochimaru, the future would be lost.

Taking a deep breath, Sakura turned her attention back to the scroll. She practiced the hand signs again and again, her determination growing stronger with each repetition.

As the day turned to night, Sakura finally felt confident that she had mastered the technique. She stood up and stretched, feeling a sense of accomplishment wash over her.

"Let's do this," she said, her voice strong and determined.

Shikamaru nodded, his expression serious. "Let's go save the future."

Haha hello, I'm sorry this was so short considering it's been a while since I updated this fanfic, but I had a lot of performances, lessons, and rehearsals I had to attend, so I couldn't find the time to update, but I do hope you enjoy

Constructive criticism is always welcomed!