Desires - Part 1

"I can't believe this. We finally did it."

I was now married.

I was now Mrs. Blackwood.

Mrs. Emily Blackwood

I finally married the long of my life.

If I had stopped my best friend from giving Nick my number at the bar near our college, we wouldn't have been here and I wouldn't have been married. 

Nick and I met three years ago at a bar when my best friend, Amber, tried to set us up together. Nick and Amber were cousins and I couldn't have thanked God enough for uniting us that day. And here we are three years later, at our wedding reception.

We were known as a dream couple. We were very understanding, loving, and respectful towards each other. We solve our problems by actually talking to each other and not jumping to any conclusions. 

This was always the life I dreamed of. A wedding with Nick as my groom. My family and friends present to witness our love for one another. 

And to top off everything, I was 4 months pregnant with our first born. Nick was delighted and overjoyed when he learned about our baby. I couldn't have been happier than today. I loved everything about my husband, my unborn baby and my newly wedded life. 

"I love you Em! And I can't wait to share the rest of my life with you and our little angel."

"I love you too Nick."

—-

(7 Years Later)

I dusted the picture frame off with a dust cloth. Smiling, I thought about how happy I was that day. Wouldn't anyone be? It was a wedding picture of me and Nick. We were holding a sonography picture while posing at our reception. We had just announced our pregnancy to everyone. 

I was wearing my mother's wedding gown. Of course with a few alterations and details added. My father had died from cancer just a few months before Nick proposed. Her wedding gown was a symbol of my father's love for her in my eyes, thus why I chose it instead of purchasing a new gown. 

I signed out loud. Everything about that day was perfect. But I guess perfect doesn't last very long.

I placed the picture back on the night table. 

"Not everything perfect lasts long." 

"Yes it does." I heard Sophie say. I turned out to see my little booboo dressed up in an Elsa dress from Frozen.

"Oh yah?"

"Yes! My love for Elsa and daddy and you and grandma will last forever because it's perfect."

I kneeled down on my one and Sophie run to hug me. 

"Of course honey. That love will last forever."

"Just like yours and daddy's love."

"Booboo, it's time for bed now. You have school tomorrow." She wrapped her arms around my neck as I lifted her into my arms. 

"Mommy, I'm only in Kingergargen. Not big people school. I'm allowed to stay with you sometimes."

"It's Kindergarten and I'll stay with you on the weekend. All day I promise."

"Are you sure?"

"Booboo promise!" Sophie grinned and hugged me tighter. I walked into her room and sat her on the bed. "Now listen baby. You need to brush, get into your jammies and straight to sleep alright. Mommy wants to go downstairs and talk to daddy about something important alright. Be a good girl and one of us will come to read you a bedtime story."