Chapter 1

They were coming, we had to go now.

"Where's Max?" I screamed over the roar of white, foamy waves.

My Brother responded, "He's on the west port, he'll be alright."

I nod and then lunge for the wheel on the tiny boat. I grasped it and flung it to the other side narrowly missing a huge rock, looming over the harsh waves.

"Hey, John, can you please give me a hand before we end up looking like the Titanic?"

He sighed, "Pull, ashore Belle! there's no time." I groaned. mom was not going to be happy, no food, no service. I Looked down. I Could see my ribcage through my shirt. i couldn't expect anything else from living on a small, desolate island,

"All right," i sighed, " Let me just pull it over this way." i veered it over, very grumpy. but my brother was right. they were coming, we have to leave.

as i went inland, i looked out at the raging sea. Although most of us starve to death, we all love it here. we were all sailors. the sea was life for us. Adrenaline for us.

We split are boundaries into three. on the left side of the sea are the Jaggers. lots of little beasties live down there, where not too many sailors venture, for fear of jagged rocks cutting into their boat bottom.

On the right, there was the nice, sandy beach, with little pleasent waves and calm waters. people only use that side for when they have there free time and they can swim. there is not a fish in sight over there.

and where were we? we were in the middle. where you could find lots of fish, if you got lucky. the only problem with this side was, well, never mind.

I kept going, hoping that they wouldn't catch up. hoping they wouldn't notice they dark shade of the boat from looking up from the dark waters.

we were almost there, i estimate just one more mile before we got there, just one more mile.

An earsplitting scream filled my ears. i looked around, " What is going on, John?" I yelled.

" Stop the ship, Belle, Stop it! it's Max! he fell in the water!" i sighed. the idiot was going to get us killed.

"Alright Max, were coming!" i Screamed, hoping he wasn't going to drown to death, which was quite possible in these waters.

i whirled the ship around, easing it to a stop. i swooped my head back and forth looking through the dark waters. my heart began to pound, as chills swept through my body, the wind whipping across my face made me shiver, " Max?" i shouted to the waves.

"MAX!" i screamed louder this time. i began breathing fast. Max can't die on us, it's not possible, he just can't .

then i heard it. a sound.

"Did you here that?" i asked curiously.

"That doesnt sound like Max, Belle. That sounds like the Four," sweat began running down his forehead, " Bells, we might have to leave Max behind, or we'll all die!"

"No," i whisper, shaking my head, "if Max dies, we're going with him."

John nods, as a huge thing surfaces from the sea, and the tiny ship blows up.

we faceplant into the water.

I was never big about water, but when my mom decided that we were going to some desolate island with huge waves that can kill you if you take five steps into the water, now that was going over the line. i mean, i support her scientific studies, but to live in that place for a whole year gets on my nerves. of corse my brother was exstatic about these plans, he hates the Northern California Valley. Where the sun beats down on you lots of the time, and there's no ocean.