Chapter 5 - Make-up

A/N

HEY GUYS! Thank you so much for reading this story. I had a few comments (which I love seeing btw) but because of the way I was writing, the comment had to be on the whole paragraph so I'm trying a new writing technique. Please tell me what you think! :)

 Please tell me what you think! :)

-at the gym-

"Aidy!" I know exactly who that is! I turn around just in time to catch my baby sister who was running into my arms. I threw her up into my arms with one hand holding a weight in the other. 

"What are you doing here Munchkin?" I asked her just as I see Leo walk in looking at me with a kind of 'she gets what she wants' look.

"I go gym wike you Aidy!" Kayla explains excitedly.

"Oh yeah? That's cool!" I said still confused as to why she was here. Kayla was looking around so I asked her, "What you looking for munch?"

"Where bubby?" Kayla asked me, she looked like she was about to cry. But before I could reply Samuel came out of god knows where and said "What about Sammy?!"

"SAMMY!" Kayla screams wriggling in my arms for me to put her down as I flinch at the sudden ringing in my ear.

"Kayla Grace! No ma'am! We are in a public place, we don't scream" Leo says.

"Ooh, scary father figure, discipline type thing, right?" Noah says appearing from behind us
"Bubby! Me do gym wif you?" Kayla asks slightly calmer since Leo had told her off.

"I don't think that's a very good idea" Noah says kinda coldly, I was surprised at his tone. He's usually so soft with Kayla. But then I realised that he was looking at a girl on the treadmill who was looking back at him. He had a gym crush! So that's why he's being cold. But... wouldn't that just push girls away?

"Pwease!" Kayla whines. It's nearly 3 o'clock, I don't know if she's taken her nap yet but by the way she's acting I'm gonna take it as a 'no'.

"We should probably go now anyways. I'm done, how are you guys doing?" I say hoping to avoid a toddler meltdown.

"I'm done" "yeah, me too"
My brothers say. We all grab our things and start heading out when Kayla abruptly let's go of my hand and runs off. We're in the car park, it's not safe. And she's running STRAIGHT TOWARDS A CAR!

"KAYLA GRACE! STOP RIGHT THERE! CAR!" I yelled as loud as I possibly could running after her.

Thankfully Noah is on the football team and he's the fastest one there, once he saw Kayla running, he took off as fast as he could, soon overtook me and caught her by the arm, pulling her out the way of the car just in time.

Once I made it to them, Noah was holding her tight to his chest. And he was... he was CRYING?! Noah hadn't cried or at least I hadn't seen him cry since, well since mom and dad left.