He finally pinned me to the door

~Few days later~

~Tobias's pov~
The last two days have been unusually calm. Aurora is also getting odd vibes.

Nothing has happened, and I was bracing myself for the worst. I was suddenly broken out of my daze when Aurora's overjoyed screeching resonated in the air when I finished my sudoku book.

"Finally! You'll no longer be addicted to it!" She threw aside the book.

"Well, you're also an alcoholic, but I never complained." I widened my eyes.

"Actually, you have. Many times," she smirked, her hands folded across her chest.

"It's for your own good."I gave her a kiss. She nervously clutched at her nightgown.

I extended my arms to her, encouraging her to jump into my embrace.

As she prepared to jump, her eyes and face brightened.

"AHHAHHH"A wail pierced the air. We both hurried out of the room without hesitation, looking for the source of the scream.

Some other guests emerged from their sleep to the deck.

A black-haired, mustached man who had been repeatedly stabbed lay there, his blood concealing the ship's wooden deck. The entire ship was deafeningly quiet.

As I walked forward to remove the bloody note stapled to the dead corpse, I reflexively pushed Aurora behind me to protect her. I read it aloud.

"I pierce your tongue with every word you say.

If you speak to me in this manner, I'll make sure you have your head in the palm of your hands. So take this as a warning for what you shall not do, and if I catch you breaching it, I repeat...I'll do it to you too."

The brutal poem left my jaw agape.

This man was murdered because he spoke to him in a certain way?!!

I flipped the bloody note over to see what more was written.

"Oh, how I love your screams as you beg me to let you go, but your breath stops before you could say please. So therefore I advise you not to look for me since this is not the last time you'll see... of me.

-Yours Truly-"

Some people in the audience began to sob, while the remainder attempted to console them. As I turned to face Aurora, I noticed that she was terrified. I tossed the paper to the ground before luring her speechless body into my arms and caressing her head.

"Everything will be OK. We'll be OK. Calm down." I patted her back and chanted.

"A serial killer is on the loose, Tobias! How can we remain calm?" She yelled.

When she fought to break free from my hands, I hauled her away from the crowd.

"Let me go!" While she scratched me, she yelled.

"No."

"WE JUST CAN'T-"

"THIS IS NOT OUR MESS TO HANDLE!"I yelled at her, and she flinched.

Her cheeks turned scarlet with rage the moment she regained her composure.

"HOW COULD IT NOT BE? Aside from that, aren't you a police officer?!! SHOULDN'T YOU BE ASSISTING?" She prodded me in the ribs with her finger.

"I'll help, but only after you go to your room and remain there safely," I hissed.

"NO! STOP TREATING ME LIKE A PORCELAIN DOLL-"