Chapter 21: "prom"

•Luella's Point Of View•

Rachel gets pulled back by a jock, she starts crying while holding her head.

"Wohoo!! You go girl!" I see Hazel, Vena, Ben and Keith all jumping at the end of the field.

Lewis drags me to the boy's locker room and sits me on a table.

"God damn Luella" Lewis sighs looking at my arms that are bruised from Rachel's pinches.

"She deserved it, she shouldn't have called Ben-"

"Shh" he whispers checking my face if I was hurt.

"I need to solve this before she goes to the principal" Lewis whispers taking an ice pack putting it on my arm.

"How?" I question and he shakes his head, "doesn't matter"

"But, can we talk about how hot the angry Ella is" Lewis smirks wrapping my legs around his waist and I smile.

"I know you wanted to defend Ben, but I don't want you getting in fights, Ella, this is our last year at school, you can't be expelled, your mom will be pissed too"

"I'll be, I care about you" He kisses my lips and I nod my cheeks going red.

———-

Lewis drove me home today since I didn't take my car to school.

"I have to go see my grandma, she's pissed about last night" Lewis sighs and I smile.

"Say hi from me" I kiss his lips and get in the house.

I walk inside to see my parents home from work, cuddling asleep on the couch.

I roll my eyes and turn on the lights, "wake up"

My dad stands up and scratches his head, "hey, Lu" he gives me a smile while my mom stretches.

"Hey" I mumble annoyed, "what's for dinner?"

"I'm taking you guys out tonight" dad smiles and I nod going to see Nelly.

——-

"Luella" My dad sighs at the table in the restaurant.

"There's something me and your mom would like to talk about" he holds my mom's hand.

I nod already knowing what's coming out of his mouth.

"I have decided to move in" "this week" "me and your mom are back together, dating and hopefully more in the future"

I nod not taking a glance at them staring at Nelly who's trying to show Mr Owens a magic trick infront of rich people.

"Lu" "please look at us" my mom sighs and I turn my head.

"Yeah cool, congratulations" I give her a forced smile and she shakes her head.

"Please tell me what you're thinking"

"You're going to fight again, like before, then break up, for the hundredth time" I shrug staring at my drink.

"Lu" my dad grabs my hand, "me and Anne had you when we were really young" "younger than your age"

"We were immature, but baby things change now" "we've talked about everything, and we didn't fight"

"I love your mo-" I stand up from my chair and make my way out.

I keep on walking until I'm in a dark empty street with broken cars.

Tears roll down my cheeks, he couldn't love my mom when she was with Jason? Couldn't have talked to her? And maybe she would've left Jason, and I wouldn't have gotten stabbed.