My Boyfriend

After that Tuesday, I didn't feel that I had to deal with everything on my own. With this in mind, the rest of the week seemed to just fly by, and today my family was getting together. Maybe today will be the day that I can finally tell Dad and everyone else excluding Catherine that I am dating. With everything that has been going on, I just didn't know when the right time would be to throw it at them.

Closing my locker, I wanted to see Zach before I go, because I probably won't be able to see him this weekend. Turning around, I then saw her. There was this girl I didn't know standing behind me with her head down. I felt myself kind of tense, was she one of Amanda's friends coming to get me back or something. The fact that I never seen this girl before, I was kind of weary of her, and she lifted her head.

Two bright green eyes, that's what I was staring in. A slow smile then formed on her face, and she held her arm.

"Um... hi Melissa."

"Hi..."

"You probably don't know me, my name is Marie."

She seemed kind of nervous rubbing her arm, glancing around, and then looking down. Marie was around my height with black hair that was pulled back in a bun.

"So Marie... is there something you wanted?"

She snapped her head up, and I suddenly saw this determined expression on her face. What?

"You see Melissa, I'm a very timid person, and because of that a lot of people tend to walk over me. I always hated that about myself, because I never had a true friend before."

"I see."

Leaning back against the lockers, I didn't want to really rush her, but if I stay here too long, I won't be able to see Zach before I leave.

"I've seen you around before. You were quiet, didn't look around, or even really speak. I kind of was really curious about you, because it was like you had an invisible field around you, and no one saw you. However, I noticed you changed lately."

My eyes kind of widen at her statement for a moment.

"Change?"

"Yeah, you're more open, and you talk to people now. I was kind of amazed how much you really changed, and I wanted to know how."

"How?"

"Yes, how do you change so much in so little time. I want to change from the person that I am now. I hate who I am, I hate the weak me, and I want to change into someone more like... you."

I was astonished at what Marie was telling me, scratching the back of my head for a moment, I gave her a little smile. I know I've kind of changed, but I didn't know it was that noticeable. I wonder how I can tell her, because the main reason I kind of changed is, because of Zach. She was staring at me with a helpless face.

"Well Marie, I was kind of tired of getting walked on. But the true reason I really changed is, because I started dating someone."

"You mean Zach, right?"

"Yeah."

"I see."

Looked down, and I was kind of confused whether I helped her a little or not. Her head then snapped up, and taking my hands giving them a good squeeze.

"I don't really know how to take that step though, but I hope we can become friends."

Friends... I really never had a friend, before. Especially a girl, and I gave her a little smile.

"Sure, we can be friends."

A big smile formed on her face, and she nodded her head up, and down, before letting my hands go.