24

adrabelle 

I run into the New York City hospital and ask for my mom's name right away.

"Oh yes! Who are you exactly?" The lady asks, looking at the computer.

"I'm her daughter, AdraBelle Diamond." I say as Matt walks up behind me.

"She is in room 456, there is a visitor in her room, just to let you know."

"Okay, thank you." I tell her in a rush to my mom's room. I stop in front of my mom's room, being too nervous to open it. Is she okay? Why is she even here?

"Are you okay?" Matt asks, catching up to me.

I nod, lying to him. She can't be hurt and my dad, I don't even know!

"Hey, babe." Matt pulls me into a hug. "Shhh, it's okay."

"I'm so confused, Matt." I look up at him. "I-I don't know. My dad, my mom, and even Chris!"

"Forget about Chris, he is gone now. Your dad is staying strong, but everyone has to leave this place sooner or later, right?" He puts his hands on my cheeks. "And your mom. Once we walk through that door, we will figure the rest out."

"Ma-" He cuts me off. "Don't Matt me. We will figure this out together. I'm so fucking sorry for putting you through this, I really am. Right now you need to stay strong for me, okay?" He kisses me. "Okay? Promise me."

"I promise."

We walk into the room to see all of these technical life supporters surrounding my mother.

"Mom," I whisper in shock, covering my mouth.

"Oh my gosh," Matt gasps.

"Beep...

Beep..

Beep." Her heart monitor speaks.

I sit on the bed and hold her hand. "Mommy?"

"Oh! You must be her daughter, AdraBelle." The doctor walks in. I nod my head, wiping my  tears away.

"And you are?" The doctor walks up to Matt.

"I'm her best friend and Mrs. Diamond is my mother," Matt says. I hug his waist and look at the doctor.

"Okay, well your mother here, got in a serve car accident." The doctor sighs and takes off his glasses. He looks back up and opens his mouth to speak, "I don't think I have ever been through a patient like this, but your mother's heartbeat stops and beats again. I don't know about this. We don't know if she is dead or alive. All we know is that, we are trying our very best."

Matt sighs and walks away. I look at my mom as the doctor leaves. "What are we supposed to do?" I ask.

No response.

"Matt?"

No response. I turn to him and shout, "Matt!"

"She got in the woods, not in New York City. She has been in a coma for 17 days. She has broken ribs. She needs life support and she has bleeding in the brain," Matt rants in one breath.

I gasp, turning to face him. "That's bleeding in the brain." I sprint to the bed and pull up the bandage on my mom's forehead to reveal a gush and blue bruise around it.

"Here is the picture." Matt walks to me. He looks at the mark and looks at the picture confused. "That's not what the picture has."

I look at it to see stitches. I walk on the other side of the bed to see stitches. "I don't think the doctor would miss a gush like that.''

"The lady at the front desk said that there was a visitor," Matt says, looking around the room.

"No,'' I trail. I run out of the room and shout, "Doctor!"

"Doctor!" Matt shouts, grabbing my hand. I slightly smile at him, knowing that we are gonna get through this together.

•••

this book is gonna get good;)