9. Morrígan

"Hey," a raspy voice said from behind me. "Why don't we go inside? It'll be easier."

"What do you want, Isaac?" I didn't move from the porch steps as I clung to Faye. 

"Don't you talk to me like that," he spat, his true colors showing through. "You know what I want."

Isaac didn't wait for me to come to my senses, so he grabbed my keys from me and unlocked the door himself before grabbing my free arm and pulling me inside. Silently, I prayed to whatever god might be listening that somebody was home, but my prayers went unheard for another day. 

My instincts couldn't decide what to do. I wanted to run out as fast as I could, I wanted to fight Isaac, despite the height difference, I wanted to stand still like he was a T. Rex and couldn't see me if I didn't move. However, like aways, I ignored this intuition, and did whatever I needed to make sure Faye and I made it out of there alive, even if it meant cooperating with Isaac.

"You've been ignoring me," Isaac seethed. "You thought you could hide forever?"

I opened my mouth to try to offer some poor excuse or defense, but nothing came out but a sough. This didn't sit well with Isaac, who resorted to his typical mode of communication. I curled myself around Faye to shield her. Faye started crying as Isaac yelled at me.

This ordeal didn't last long as Isaac demanded that we're going back to Atlanta. Before we made it out of the front door, I excused myself to the bathroom. Faye had stopped crying by now, but she was still distraught. 

Isaac was never bright, so even though he took my phone, he didn't think to my Apple watch. Once in the privacy of the bathroom with Faye, I used the watch to call the first person I saw — Scott. Thankfully, he answered as I could faintly hear his voice over the watch. Isaac stood right outside the door, so I muted the audio and didn't say anything to Scott, though he was still on the line.

"Isaac?" I called out to make sure Scott knew. "Could you get me a towel?"

"What?" Isaac said. "No, just use your shirt. I'm not getting you a damn towel."

So, I did as he said and just dried my wet hands on my shirt. I made sure the watch was hidden under my sleeve before leaving the bathroom. Isaac started to move towards the door, but I was able to convince him to let me pack up our clothes before we departed to Atlanta. It wasn't long before I heard the squeal of tires on asphalt, followed by the front door slamming against the wall, and Scott trudging up the stairs.

"Aislin, come here," Scott told me as he stood in the doorway. I didn't hesitate to follow his directions, but Isaac didn't put up much of a fight. Scott had the upper hand in many ways. With Faye wrapped in my arms, I cowered behind Scott. Isaac, in typical fashion, started lashing out. 

"C'mon, man," Isaac sighed, trying to get Scott to empathize with him. "You really want somebody else's sloppy seconds? I mean, I've been more of a father to Faye than you have."

"Aislin, take Faye downstairs," Scott ordered again. Once more, I did as he said.

I'm not sure what happened in the time it took me to get down the stairs. Scott won't tell me what he did, he said I'm better off not knowing. All I know is that when the police arrived, they threatened to arrest Scott, but quickly changed tune when they talked with me. Isaac was taken out of the house and put into the back of a cruiser. 

"I'm just glad you two are okay," Scott said, crawling into bed. "At least we don't have to worry about that bitch anymore."

A/N: i wrote most of this while absolutely zooted and listening to the high school musical 2 soundtrack...so please tell me if this chapter makes sense bc idk if it does lmao