47. The Eruption

Skylar

"Will you stop shaking the bed, Delan?" I rubbed my eyes and pulled the comforter close to my face.

"I am not. Wake up!" I sprang up and instantly turned towards him. The tension in his voice was palpable.

"It's an Earthquake" He ironically whispered while the bed shook more violently. 

I held his hand and quickly dragged him down to the floor. I suddenly remembered all those environmental science classes that I took in school. People used to make fun of me - 'Who would even take Environmental Science as a subject, huh?' - Haha, the ones who don't plan on dying in an earthquake, you buggers!

A very loud sound boomed and the earth shook a little more...violently. The vase on the coffee table fell down and the marble beads in it scattered everywhere. 

"That is not an earthquake...." Delan started to say slowly.

"It is an eruption" I completed it for him. 

"A Volcanic eruption?"

The bulbs on our heads lightened up at the same time. No, no, no...this can't be good at all! 

We held on to each other and stepped out of our lavish room. The others were already in the hallway, looking at each other and wondering what was happening. 

"Where is the Goddess?"  Delan asked.

"I am not sure but it won't be long before she comes here" Dexter pressed his lips in dismay.

"What is this? Some kind of Russian mafia shootout?" Dylan held on to a scared Lola.

"Volcanic eruption, Mother" Delan furthered emphasized, "The Volcanic eruption"

"What are you- oh" Dylan's eyes widened when she understood what her son was saying.

"She wasn't lying" Dexter said about the Goddess.

"I never thought she was" Alex added to it. 

"Where is Sandy?" I asked, finding it suspicious that the most harmful one in the group happens to be the only one missing.

"Alex is here so I don't care where she decides to...dot...dot...dot" Dylan huffed and glared at the ground.

"She could be plotting" Alex shrugged.

Delan laughed, "What...you have come to terms with reality now?"

"I guess" Alex added melancholically.

Another large boom sent the ground through another round of shake dance. Lola slipped but Dylan had her back. Alex and Dexter moved closer to each other, the son stood like a shield in front of his father. Delan had my arm tangled with his, refusing to let go of me.

"If we die, we better go to heaven" I muttered. 

Not dying today.

I heard that in my head.

Where are you? What is going on!?  I asked Morana

The Goddess sighed. 

Will let you know. Do not allow anyone to step out until I tell you. 

A servant of Morana burst into the halls and frantically looked at all of us.

"No, out!" He said, moving his hands to convey the message when language was failing him.

"You want us to go out?" I asked innocently, though I knew what he meant at first.

"NO!" He screamed and seeing a 6 feet 7-inch man look scared gives me a psychotic happiness that I am not very proud of.