Chapter 6: I Do!

(Music to play during the wedding)

POV - Tommy

Date: 04/06/2028 (The 4th of June 2028)

It's finally come. The day I marry the love of my life. Olivia went to her family's house last night after saying goodbye to the kids and stayed there because it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. So she is getting ready and will return when she's ready to put on the dress and then walk down the aisle with her mum. I'm in the ballroom, preparing it and ensuring everything is perfect. The room is enormous, and there are so many tables. All workers are getting double their pay for tonight, and knights are getting triple. Once I've ensured the ballroom is perfect, I get Clementine and Shroud ready. It's noon, and they're playing in the garden.

I go out to see Shroud playing swords with Clementine, obviously going easy on her as she's standing over him with a wooden sword next to her neck. I make my presents known by chuckling. When they see me, they run to me, and I bring them in to get them ready, Shroud in my arm and Clementine over my side, both giggling messes.

I get Clementine in her dress first, and one of my helpers puts her hair into a long plat that sits on her shoulder and places a flower crown above her head. While Clementine's hair is being done, I get Shroud ready, helping him tuck in his shirt. Once they're both done, I get ready. I put my suit and crown on my head and brought the kids out. We're all ready. It's now 2 o'clock, and guests are arriving. The ceremony is at 3:30.

As the gates open, people start flooding in, and I start welcoming everyone, and they start to find their seats. Clementine and Shroud are taken to their seats by a guard, so they don't get lost or hurt. Now the nerves are starting to kick in. I hope Olivia's doing ok.

POV - Olivia

I've been stressing all morning. It's currently 2:30, and I have an hour until the ceremony. My makeup and hair are done, and it's just my mum we're waiting on. She's just finishing her makeup, and then we're going to the castle. Ever since I was a little girl, I have wanted to be a princess, and somehow, my dream is coming true. I'm marrying a man I'm deeply in love with and becoming a Queen. I get to be a mother to two beautiful children and hopefully more. Mother has just finished, so we pack everything up.

We're going through the back gate and Tommy and I's bedroom to finish getting ready and going through the back, so no one sees me yet. Once in the room, the girls and I put on our dresses. After our dresses were on, we started talking and trying to calm my nerves. As we're talking, there's a knock at the door. Lucinda opens it, and we see Clementine standing at the door.

"Hello, Clementine; what are you doing here?" I ask as I was told she was meant to be with Tommy.

"Hi Liv, I wanted to come and see you as I know you might be nervous, and I wanted to show you my dress. Do you like it?" She asks nervously

"Your dress looks lovely, Clem, and thank you for coming to keep us company, but I think you should go back to your dad and brother. They might get worried," I say.

Clementine agrees, and my mum takes her back to the ballroom.

<_Time Jump_>

POV - Tommy

(Time - 3:25)

Five minutes. Only five until I finally get to marry my love. My other half. My beloved. 89% of chairs are full. Some families couldn't come, and some guards were on duty, but it was a good turnout. Leo and Gina calmed me down for half an hour. Gina is like a mother to me and was one of the first people in the kingdom. A kind lady whose dark side you don't want to see. She will dance with me for the mother's dance and Olivia's mother for her. The music starts as I'm on the top step of the stage with Leo next to me.

(Start the soundtrack now)

First, Clementine and Shroud come out. Clementine is throwing flowers everywhere, and Shroud is there, holding the rings on a pillow and holding Clenetines hand with the other. Then all three of Olvia's bridesmaids come down, with Lucinda coming down first, Beatrix, and Rachael.

And finally, I see her. Her long white dress stopped at her ankles. The sleeves were an off the shoulders with a floral design. The skirt had the same kind of floral design with a few layers. Her hair was half-half-down, with a tiara on her head and a vale attached. She mustn't be wearing heels because she isn't taller than usual. As she and her mum walk down, I get even more nervous. I feel tears of joy falling, and my mouth hurts from smiling too much.

When she's walking up the steps, I grab her hand and lead her up. She gives her flowers to Rachael, and I take her hands as her mum sits down.

The officiant starts with...

"We are gathered here to celebrate the marriage between Thomas Watson and Olivia Bells. You may say your vows."

(Skipping the vows, which are boring. And I'm lazy.)

"Does anyone object? If not, then forever hold your peace," the officiant asks. No one objects, so he continues with...

"Thomas, do you take Olivia to be your wife through sickness and health, through richness and poverty and treat her how she should be?" the officiant asks

"I do," I say confidently.

"And Olivia, do you take Thomas to be your husband through sickness and health, through richness and poverty and treat her how she should be. DO you also take the roll as Queen of The Reawakened Kingdom?" the officiant asks again.

"I most certainly do," she says excitedly.

"Then you may kiss the bride," the officiant declares

And we kiss.

Cheers are heard as we break away and hold each other close. We hold hands as we walk down the steps. We see family, friends, subjects and servants here for us. The night continues smoothly. We ate dinner, cut the cake and danced. I then get up and play the song I wrote for her. As I finish, I go up to her and kiss her while she's in tears. The night was amazing. At 8:30, the kids are put to bed, and by midnight the next day, everyone has gone home, and Olivia and I have returned to our room. Then we have a little bit of fun and then go to bed.

I've never been happier. I'm married and have two kids, maybe more to come, but for now, we're doing amazing, and I can't wait for the future.

(The song he played was Photographs by Ed Sheeran.)