Watching You [W.M.] ☀️🧊

Wanda Maximoff x Fem!Reader

Summary: your sons want to be just like you, so they copy your mannerisms as best they can.

Warnings: all fluffy family shit

Word Count: 1.4k

You had just picked Tommy up from school, McDonald's Happy Meals in the car ready for him. Billy was home sick with Wanda, so you were in charge of picking Tommy up. You buckled him in and got back in the driver's seat, chatting idly about his day with him as you drove him home.

You watched the 7-year-old scarf down his nuggets, knowing that he couldn't have the toy till they were gone. You glance forward and a traffic light that had been green turned straight to red. You hit the brakes, making everything in the car pitch forward. You mumble curses under your breath, hoping that your son can't hear you.

Tommy's fries go flying towards the front, and his drink tips over into his lap. He looks down at his now soaking wet pants and says, "Shit!" You look at him, surprised and concerned, but he just grins right back at you. The light turns green again and you continue driving, still worried about where your son had learned that word.

"Hey, buddy. Where'd you learn to talk like that?" Tommy just smiles at you before saying, "I've been watching you, mama! I wanna be just like you. I'm gonna eat all my food, and grow as tall as you are. We both have Yankees baseball caps, and- and Lakers jerseys! We're just alike. I wanna do everything you do."

You tear up slightly as you pull into the driveway of your house. "Yeah, buddy. We're just alike. Now run inside and go check on your brother." He nods and runs towards the front door, leaving you standing by the car, thinking over your life choices.

Wanda comes out and sees you with a slightly pained expression on your face. "What's up, babe?" You shake your head and pull your wife into a hug. "It's just... Tommy said he wants to be just like me in the car. He also said shit, which he apparently learned from me. I've done so many awful things in my life, and I don't want him to turn out the same way I did. Please Wanda, help me help my stupid self."

She chuckles slightly, smiling up at you. "He said shit?" You groan and nod, looking up at the sky. "Yes! God, I need to stop cursing." Wanda nods in agreement. Suddenly, your other son runs out the door and jumps into your arms. You let out a quiet 'umph', swinging him around as he giggles.

"Mama, mama! I feel so much better. Can we work on our project?" You hike him up in your arms, laughing at his enthusiasm. "Yeah, of course kiddo. Go grab the tools." He drops from your hold and hits the ground running. You watch him take off before turning back to Wanda. She is looking at you with an indescribable look of love in her eyes. "You're a wonderful influence on the boys, and the best mom and wife a woman could ask for. Now go build a treehouse with your son."

You grin at her and you place a kiss on her lips before chasing after Billy. He had gone into the garage and brought out the toolbox that held all of the things you needed to put together the treehouse of his dreams. You make your way into the back yard, watching him get the drawing that he had made of what he wanted his fort to look like. You noticed that he had put on a baseball cap that you recognized, and as you came up behind him you asked, "Is that my hat?"

You watch his eyes go wide and he practically rips it off and holds it out towards you, muttering apologies profusely. You watch him panic for a second before letting a smile spread across your face. You reach out and push the hat into his chest, saying, "Keep it. It suits you. Looks better on you anyway." He frowns slightly, answering, "But I wanted to look like you." You can't help but think about how much he sounds like Tommy in the car, and you pull him into your arms.

"Have you and your brother been conspiring together again? Y'all are saying the same shi-," Billy gives you a stern look, and you fix your language. "Stuff. Stuff. And yeah, we look exactly the same. Guess who you got your ruggedly handsome looks from?" Billy pretends to think about it for a second before answering, "Mommy." You gasp in offense and Billy takes off running while you chase after him.

When you catch him, you tickle his sides until he relents and wheezes, "Okay, okay, fine, I got it from you, Mama!" You nod, feeling accomplished. "That's what I thought. Now go clean up, your mom will come after me if you track dirt through the house."

Later that night, you sat yourself down between the two boys beds and turned on their Scooby-Doo night light that they had insisted you buy for them. It took you a couple of tries to get them to settle down, but you eventually tucked them both in. Almost immediately after the covers went over him, Tommy hopped out of bed much to your annoyance.

That annoyance quickly melted away as he shyly handed you a paper that he had just pulled from his backpack, murmuring, "I made this for you, Mama." You glance down at it, not knowing what to expect. As you read further and further down the page, you couldn't help the tears that formed in your eyes. Tommy looks at you worriedly, thinking that he had done something wrong to make you cry.

"It's okay, Mama! Why are you sad?" You shake your head and wipe your eyes. "I'm not sad, buddy. These are happy tears. I love you both so much." You glance at the paper, having to look at the sky so that you don't start crying again. "God, you guys are both growing up so fast."

Tommy wraps his little arms around you, and they are quickly joined by Billy's. "You know, Mama, even when we're big we'll still know what to do, cause you taught us." Tommy nods enthusiastically, adding, "You taught us to eat all our food so that we can grow as tall as you are, and if we work hard we can be just like you. When we're all grown up, we'll be able to do everything that you do."

You give them a watery smile before sighing and concluding, "You two are already so much stronger than I'll ever be. Your mom and I are so proud of you, and we are so lucky to have you as our kids." You look at them lovingly before sitting them down on their individual beds and pushing their heads towards the pillows by their faces.

They giggle at you and you place kisses on their foreheads before turning their light out and exiting the room. As you make your way downstairs, you think over what your sons had told you. You find your wife in the kitchen making the two of you dinner.

You wrap your arms around her from behind, and almost instantly, she melts into them. You stick your face in her neck and place feather-light kisses on it. Wanda sighs shakily, trying to stay focused on the food so that it doesn't burn. You pull away slightly, before randomly saying, "You know, both boys want to be like me. How much do you wanna bet Billy will turn out like you?" Wanda laughs, and the sound makes your heart flutter and creates a giddy feeling in your stomach. She turns around in your arms and wraps her arms around your neck. "I don't doubt it. Tommy definitely shares your personality more." You chuckle and lean in to press a kiss to her lips.

She chases after you when you pull away, and you almost let her suck you back in, but then you smell a burning scent. You look behind her, seeing the food is burnt to a crisp. You move quickly to turn off the burner, and Wanda looks at the stove apprehensively.

You glance at her before asking, "Pizza?" She nods and smiles at you before going to order it. As you watch her go, it hits you that you finally have the family that you had always wanted, and you had it with a woman that you love more than anything in the world.

You couldn't be more grateful for such a wonderful family, and you would love them until the day that you die.