VOL.1 ; CH.3: Orleans Part.1

After about a week of gathering supplies, Chaldea was ready to enter a new singularity. It was set in France, the year 1431, the year Jeanne d'Arc was burned at the stake. Gudako, Mash, Shirou, and Mordred, were standing in front of the Rayshift, awaiting Bell. After a few minutes, Bell entered the area, wearing brand new gear.

Everyone was left in awe, at Bell's new equipment

"That looks incredible, Master." Shirou complimented.

"Yeah, no kidding, you look like a warrior."

"That makes sense, it's very similar to the light-armor I used to wear back home, I had Da Vinci, craft me some armor, although we are entering a time of peace, you can never be too careful." Bell explained.

"True, and you seem to enjoy running into the frontlines." Mordred joked.

Bell could only scratch the back of his head, slightly embarrassed. But that wasn't the only reason he took so long.

Bell was meeting with Da Vinci and Romani, while he was holding an orb in his hand.

"Listen, I know we don't know each other very well, but I need a favor." Bell said.

"Hm? Sure what is it?" Da Vinci asked.

"This crystal orb is an Occulus, it's used for surveillance, and communication, what I need is for you to track the wavelength, and magical link, that will allow me to reconnect with my world." Bell explained. "Although I won't be able to return to my world for the time being, not until I stop Goetia. I at least want to make sure my loved ones are safe."

"Hmm, that will be difficult, but it's worth a shot." Romani said. "Very well, we'll do our best."

Bell handed them the Occulus, and bowed.

"Thank you, you have no idea how much this means to me." Bell said, as Romani tapped his shoulder.

"It's not a problem, but in return, I want to know all about your world, if that's alright with you." Romani said, as Bell raised himself.

"Of course, that's not a problem." He replied.

Now it was time, I along with everyone else, entered the Rayshift, and after a few moments, we were met with green field.

"Huh, it seems peaceful." I commented.

"Yeah, a little too peaceful." Mordred agreed warily.

"Yeah, um, everyone. You might want to look up." Shirou advised.

We all looked towards the sky, only to see a ring of light.

"Well, that doesn't look good." Gudako said.

I only stared at the ring of light, wary of its existence. That's when they heard voices coming from afar, and saw three French Soldiers. Mash was the first, to speak to them, only for them to act hostile, because... well you know, Japanese. She stepped back not wanting any conflict, as I walked forward speaking in French.