Kevin

Kevin is screaming in terror, he is only five years old, being held upside down by his left foot, by 6ft 4 burly man hovering his small frame over a green garbage dumpster, threatening to let him fall inside any moment. His father, Jeffrey is the 6ft 4 burly man that holds his child life in his hands, the mother is screaming "you better listen to me or we gonna throw you away!" she's screaming with laughter. Her name is Sharon she has ten kids, seven of them are watching in horror, sitting in the grey cargo van,scared and wanting to help but secretly being thankful its not them, they whisper quietly amongst themselves, how much they hate their parents, each younger looking at the older one, why don't one of you do something, no one does anything they all just sit in the van quietly and wait for their parents to get bored with torturing Kevin, longing faces thinking...What did Kevin do? Let me remember not to ever do that. Oh! he told my mother...NO! That's not to be in our vocabulary when coming to either of my parents, A signed death sentence.. he didn't know better after all he was only five.. he will soon learn as we all had to.

Adam is sleeping so peacefully, his head laying on his mother's lap. A tuckered out toddler with an angelic face. Now his eyes are swollen, lips swollen and cut, bruises all over his small frame, possible broken ribs. Jeffery his father warned him and his mother, to keep Adam quiet, he was unable to deal with his constant whining, He told Sharon to shut him up or he would. Jeffrey kept his word as usual. It was a long bloody battle. Adam lost that fight but he did live to see another day. Sharon was unable to help Adam.. that's what she says when telling her story. Adam was only two years old, Jeffrey's first child.

Kim stood across the street from Miami High School outside the local convenience store with a group of four girlfriends; it was a hot day most kids were waiting for lunch to be over to get back to class. A grey van pulled near Kim a man and women got out and forced her to take off her sneakers, they took her sneakers and jumped back into the van and drove away. It was Jeffrey and Sharon. Kim's mother and step-dad (Sharon was pregnant with Kim when she married Jeffrey) Apparently Kim wore one of her sister's sneakers to school that day.

continue to next story>>>