Three Weeks Later, Romance Blossoms

(Bella had the car accident, but Sebastian had gone home early due to having a headache. Yes, I know I'm probably rushing things, but I'm relying completely on memory. You're also going to see some romance start and secrets being revealed.)

Sebastian didn't wake up in time for school. Bella tried to wake him up, but he pushed her away. Charlie came up before going to work and saw that Sebastian was showing that he was in more pain than usual. He sighed in worry but knew that the best remedy for Sebastian was to let him sleep. He decided to call the school and arranged for someone to bring whatever schoolwork Sebastian was going to miss. Then he made sure that the blackout curtains were drawn over the windows as he left.

Sebastian slept for most of the day. It wasn't until he heard his dad come home to check on him. He slowly sat up as Charlie came up the staircase. Charlie stood near the stairs, not being able to see into Sebastian's pitch black room.

"You okay, kid?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, the headache is just worse today," Sebastian muttered.

"So, uh, there's a friend of yours downstairs with your schoolwork. Can he come up?" Charlie inquired.

"Jasper's here? Sure, he can come up." Sebastian said offhandedly.

Charlie nodded and carefully went down the stairs. A minute later, Sebastian heard light footsteps on the stairs. The footsteps stopped, and Sebastian fumbled for the remote to close the door. The door shut with a thunk, eliminating any remaining light. Sebastian sighed in relief at the darkness. He heard Jasper shuffling around, trying to find the light switch.

"Don't bother trying to find the light, I don't want them on," Sebastian muttered.

"Well, how else am I supposed to see?" Jasper inquired.

"You can stop with the act, I know you can see just fine," Sebastian said.

"Sebastian, I honestly can't see where you are." Jasper uncomfortably said.

"Fine, then find me by my scent. I figure you must've memorized it by now." Sebastian boredly stated.

He felt a rush of air as Jasper sped over to his bed. He saw two, almost glowing pairs of bronze eyes in front of him. He smirked at Jasper's reaction and waited for his response.

"How'd you find out?" Jasper demanded, trying to stay calm.

"I'm fairly observant, and you and your family made it almost too easy. Piece of advice, your brother should try not being so weird around my sister. He's making her curious." Sebastian advised.

"What gave us away?" Jasper asked in a calmer tone.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe the fact that none of you eat, everyone has the same shade of eyes, except for you. I noticed that a lot of common movements or gestures look practiced, and most importantly, y'all are too graceful for teenagers." Sebastian explained.

"I'm impressed. Most people don't notice all that." Jasper complimented.

"I'm not like most people," Sebastian said.

As he said that, he reached for Jasper's shirt and tugged him down. He placed a gentle kiss on Jasper's lips and then let go. Jasper stood next to Sebastian's bed in shock. He wasn't expecting Sebastian to be so upfront. He blinked to recompose himself, and he realized that Sebastian was chuckling softly.

"Why're you laughin'?" Jasper complained.

"Because your reaction was funny. I've never heard of a vampire being shell-shocked by a kiss before." Sebastian said, still chuckling.

"Well, I'm glad I was able to entertain you." Jasper sarcastically responded.

"I was trying to show you that I like you." Sebastian suddenly said.

Jasper's eyes widened at Sebastian's declaration. If he were still human, he'd be a blushing mess, and he knew it. Sebastian smiled at the silence and laid back down, his headache acting up again. Jasper felt a wisp of pain come from Sebastian, and he got concerned. He made sure that Sebastian was comfortable, then hesitantly sat down next to him. Sebastian didn't acknowledge Jasper's movement, too preoccupied with bottling up the pain.

"I can help with your schoolwork if you want?" Jasper offered.

"Sure, one second," Sebastian said distractedly.

Sebastian shuffled around and found the switch to his string lights and flipped them on. Jasper saw in the dim light that Sebastian was propped up against his headboard with a slight grimace on his face. He decided that it wouldn't be a good idea to ask if Sebastian was alright when he wasn't. He shuffled the few papers he had in his hands and started to read out the questions to Sebastian. After doing a few problems, Jasper quickly realized that Sebastian could do the work without looking at the paper.

After an hour, they were done. Jasper looked up from the papers and noticed that Sebastian was sound asleep. He smiled at Sebastian's relaxed face and got up from the bed. He maneuvered Sebastian into a more comfortable position and placed a gentle kiss on Sebastian's forehead. He gathered Sebastian's homework from the past day and organized it all. He then opened the door, closed it, and left.