Chapter 4: Park Confessions

Elizabeth's POV:

I was on the phone with Pattie the next morning. All she cared about was my date with Eric. I didn't want to tell her that it was terrible so I told her it was okay.

"Okay? At least be honest, Liz." She giggled over the phone.

I rolled my eyes, "What is the point of me dating anyways? I'm twenty-one years old and I have forever to fall in love."

"Well, Lizzie, it might be nice to try and do that before menopause!" She said being overdramatic about my age.

"Thanks." I said sarcastically. "I haven't eaten anything yet today, I am going to hang up." I told her.

"Wait!" she stopped me.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I am lonely. Can we have some girl time later today?" She asked.

"Sure, Pattie. Bye."

"Bye."

°

Me and Pattie went out for lunch and then went for a walk in the park. We were seated on a bench and were just talking about family, friends and hair products.

"What is Canada like?" Pattie asked.

I was from Canada and moved me England around to time I started dating Paul. I still had a pretty noticeable accent. A lot of people have asked if I was American.

"It's fine. I don't really know what to say about it." I told her.

"Why did you move to London?" She asked.

"As a get-a-way from annoying family members." I said trying to make it sound like a joke. It kind of wasn't...

She giggled.

There was a silence. Not an awkard one.

Oh god, I bet she is going to ask about Paul... Pease don't... Please, plea-

"Do you miss Paul?" She asked.

Dammit...

"I guess. At times." I told her. More like all the time...

She smiled as if she read my thoughts...

I guess my face was a dead give away.

"Can I ask a strange question?" She asked me.

"Go ahead. Strange is my middle name." I told her.

"Isn't your middle name Ma-"

"What's the question?" I interupted her idiotic comment.

"Did you and Paul ever... Y'know... Sleep together?" At this inquiry I crossed my arms.

"Why're you asking?" I asked her raising my(pefectly plucked ;3) eyebrows.

"Have you?" She asked as she leaned in, begging for an answer.

"Yes." I said quietly.

"Ooh!" She exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes and she continued to 'ooh' at me.

°

Me and Pattie were walking back to my place along the sidewalk. I was pissed the entire time. We were nearly half way there and all I could hear was a group of female teenagers chanting Beatles' songs. It broke my heart even more to hear love songs written and sung by my ex.

Why were they all doing this?!

My question would soon be answered.

My apoligies for the bad chapter(s).

Btw the new cover will be up tomorrow! :) Yay!

Peace

~Lizzie