detective Hollis

Two months later.
Hollis Morgan

I'm working on a really big case for one of my best friends Janet. We've just started the case maybe a week ago but the situation she's in is absolutely horrible. Her ex husband Michael Ealy  faked his death and he's continued to stalk her, only thing is no one besides me believes her. She's fallen into a deep depression, just wanting to feel like she isn't crazy.

What I'm trying to figure out is what is his intent of stalking her now...they literally have been divorced for 6 years and faked his death 1 year ago.

Faber doesn't want me to do the case and give it to someone else just because my life can always be jeopardized, but whose better than me? I want only the best for my best friend. And I'll be extra careful.

I'm currently at my office.

"Like sometimes I could be getting undressed in my room and I feel eyes on me. And I swear to god on my life one time I got home and my front door was open, my dog was loose when I could of sworn he was on the lease, and he had food in his bowl and I don't usually give him any until I get back from the gym because I don't want him to poo all over my floor, and this was something me and Michael used to argue about. I feel like he wants me to know that he's stalking me." Janet said slightly shaking.

As she talked I wrote everything down.

"Did Michael have any favorite places he'd visit if you and him were to argue?"

"Yea, he loved to go to our beach house, but I literally have the key for it." Janet began to think.

"Janet, I have an idea on what might of happen. But I need proof...and I think I know the perfect people for the job."
__________________________________
Back at Home.

All of the book clubs members including Faber's partner was at our Home.

"It's time we read a new book."Stalked: A true story of obsession by Kate Brennan." I know we don't usually read non fiction but seems like this person wants us to test it out." I said reaching them all books.

"So what's the story?" Rena asked. "Well one of my best friends husband allegedly faked his death even though I know he's still alive, I don't have any proof. But here's what has been happening, Janet tells me that she thinks he wants her to know he's alive because things that he did when they were together that broken up their marriage started to happen again randomly in her household. Janet has fallen into a very deep depression because all she wants is for society to stop looking at her like she's crazy. I've known Janet all my life she's never been problematic and shes definitely not a liar." I told to the book club readers and I could see that they were thinking, but I could see Miller flipping through the pages of the book.

"Hollis you know that you can't do anything without proof, so be really careful or this guy can slip right through your fingers." Faber's assistant told me and I nodded. But I only thought to myself...maybe not me but I can definitely get Rena, Gene, and Miller.

I could see Millers attitude change and then he slowly started to look up at me.

"Hollis can I speak to you...in private?" He said and I immediately said yes. "What's going on Miller? Your whole entire posture has changed."

"Hollis, I think he's going...to kidnap and rape, then eventually sell to rich white old men for billions of dollars. What's going on right now to Janet is the rising action...the climax is soon to come. You need to watch Janet very closely. I don't know if you want me to discuss this with the group or not but-" Miller told me as I tried to fight back tears

"Yes..you can tell them. I'm gonna get a glass of water." He patted my back and walked away.

I headed to the kitchen and filled my glass with wine, water wasn't gonna do the job. I held my stomach and thought about all the times me and my best friend were gonna have with my new baby. And then I thought about a time where my best friend would be gone and I would look at my baby and cry...

I have to save Janet..but I promised my self I wouldn't put my baby at risk. What am I gonna do.
__________________________________
Johnathan Faber

So Miller is giving us the rundown on how this weirdo's plan is about to go and I notice that hollis wasn't in the room. I know that he told her first and it's a lot to take in. I'm on my way to check on her because it's to much stress for her.

I walk into the kitchen to see Hollis with her head down sobbing.

"Babe it's gonna be okay." I said sitting next to her, she shook her head no. "Faber do you not know what this means? I have to choose putting my baby at risk to attempt and save Janet. I'm pretty sure he doesn't want me or anybody else stopping him from his fortune! He will easily kill me without a care in the world. I think my only issue is will even if I risk my child's life would i still be able to protect Janet to the fullest? Faber I just don't know what to do." She said and I tried to console her.

One by one everyone started to walk into the kitchen.

"If you guys are okay with it, i raised a ton of money from my business and I was wondering if...maybe we can stay in an air bnb all on my tab. So we all can keep watch on Janet." Rena offered and Hollis lifted her head. "No this is my responsibility, I don't wanna put any burden on you. Plus I don't want you to have to spend so much money, I don't know how long this case will last." And Rena wasn't taking no for an answer. She negotiated and negotiated until she got a yes.

"Okay okay, but I still have to see if Janet is down with it. But I'm not sure if I should tell her what his plan is just because she might stress way to much, bad enough she's already depressed." I said and Abby frowned, she hasn't spoken this whole time. I mean I don't trust Abby that much so maybe she doesn't feel like she had a place to talk I don't know. "Hollis you need to tell her she needs to be extra cautious as well."

Comment & Vote . 💖
im back y'all . 🫦