Chapter 1 - The Beginning

So there I was, just minding my own business, doing "homework" (so basically everything but). I was a junior in high school, I wasn't a bad student, I had a few really close friends, I wasn't gorgeous but I wasn't an angler fish either, I had brown wavy hair, brown eyes, 5'2.5" tall, and a sarcastic sense of humor. Overall, I was the most average person that could possibly exist. So back to my story. I was checking Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, everything, when my phone started buzzing. I was sort of annoyed, it was kind of late and I didn't really feel like talking to anyone. Regardless, I stretched over to my bedside table and looked at the screen, it was one of my friends, like not one of my super close ones that I've known my whole life, she was a newer one but a good friend nonetheless. After sighing I figured I should probably pick it up in case it was an emergency. 

"Hey Jen, what's up?"

"Hi Amy" said a gravelly voice, "I have a favor to ask you"

"Sure, what do ya need? Are you feeling okay?"

"That's sort of what I needed to ask you about. Y'know how I told you I was going to that concert tomorrow night? Well, as you can probably tell, I feel like crap and my mom said I can't go"

"Oh no! That's horrible! You were so excited to go. What do you need me to do? I can bring over some soup tomorrow if you want."

"I was actually hoping that you'd take my ticket and go instead. I know you're not necessarily a fan of One Direction, but that's why I want you to go instead of like Becca or Taylor." I was still a little confused as to why Jen was asking me to go. "I have a ticket backstage and they'd get too distracted and excited to be able to tell me anything about it. Would you go for me?"

"oh" I was not expecting her to ask me that.

"I totally get it if you don't want to go, I just figured I'd...."

Her raspy voice made me feel bad for her. She had been talking about this concert for months and I knew she was heartbroken that her mom wouldn't let her go. And I sort of understood why she wanted me to go instead of her other "directionizer" friends. I think she called them that at least.

"No no, I'll go! Let me just clear it with my mom, okay?"

"You're the best Amy!"

"Aww schucks, you're just sayin' that. I'll be right back, one sec."

I was pretty sure my mom would let me go, she had no reason not to. 

"I guess you can. Will someone else you know be there?" my mom asked.

I ran back upstairs to ask Jen what the details were.

"Jen's cousins are gonna be there, I met them at her cookout last month" I yelled down to my mom.

"Okay then, just let me know if you need money or anything." she replied.

"It's a deal" I told Jen.

"Thank you so much Amy! All I ask is that you get some good pictures, some autpgraphs, and possibly get them on video saying my name and maybe even get them to tell me to feel better, oooh maybe they'll even call me to tell me to get better! You have my phone number right? Of course you do I'm talking to you right now!"

"Sure thing, Jen. I'll do my best."

I laughed at her fangirling. I highly doubted that they would do that but it seemed to make her feel better just imagining them calling her. We hung up the phone and I started settling down to bed. This could be kinda cool. I mean, I had never been to a huge concert, just the small ones that small local bands had. And I had definitely never met anyone super famous before so going backstage to meet them would definitely be an experience. Then I realized I knew absolutely nothing about this band. So, naturally, I took to the internet.