Chapter 7

America pov.

I woke up from a nightmare, and carefully moved from on top of the still sleeping Russian. I walked to the bathroom and crouched over the toilet and started throwing up a black sludge. I waited a few minutes after I had finished to make sure there was no more. My throat burned like I swallowed a Carolina Reaper.

"Ame, you alright? Do you need me to get anythin'? And 'fore you ask, Russia came to get me when he heard you throwin' up." I heard Dixie ask from outside the bathroom door.

"I'll be fine." I told Dixie, I slowly stood up and walked over to the door.

"Are you sure? Meri, your eyes are black 'gain." He told me, I looked in the mirror and saw that he was right.

"Damn, how long has it been, and why now?" I asked.

"I don't know, but you should talk to the worried Russian on your bed." He told me, I nodded and padded over to Russia. I looked at Dixie as he walked out.

"Night, Brother." I told him, he waved back and walked back to his room. I started to cry in Russia's arms.

"What's wrong Ame?" Russ asked, worry lacing his voice. I looked up and saw him freeze slightly before he caressed my cheek, wiping away the tears from my face with his thumb.

"You're not afraid?" I asked, slightly confused and glad.

"Why would I be afrraid? You look beautiful no matterr what yourr eyes look like." Russia replied, softly. I cuddled into him, and listened to his heartbeat. After a few minutes I looked back up.

"Thank you." I told him. He nodded and I heard crying up the hall. I got up much to the disapproval of the Russian. "I'll be right back." I told him. I walked over to the room I heard crying from, and saw that Canada had already got here, but wasn't having any luck. I walked in to see which one of the kids it was, and saw Texas crying. I patted Maple on the shoulder to signal him that he could go to bed. He nodded to me and walked off. "Hey Lone Star, what happened?" I asked cautiously.

"No sé, la tía México normalmente sabe qué hacer cuando esto sucede papá, por favor ve a buscarla." Tex told me, I only understood snippets of what he said, but I got the jist of it. (I don't know, Aunt Mexico normally knows what to do when this happens dad, please go get her.)

"Hey, come with me, I'll take you to Goldie." I told my son, he nodded and grabbed my hand. I walked over to the room she sharing with Japan. "Can you wait here for me Lone Star?" I asked my son. He nodded and leaned on the wall. I opened the door silently and walked in. I walked over to Mexico and shook her lightly.

"¿Quién es?" She asked still tired. (Who is it?)

"It's Ame, one of the kids wants you Goldie." I told her, she got up and followed me outside the room. Once she made it out, Lone Star hugged her tightly.

"Mamá, por favor ayuda." Texas told her, not letting go. (Mom, please help.)

"¿Qué pasó?" She asked calmly. (What happened?)

"Los terrores nocturnos regresaron, y no pude sentir mi cuerpo, mamá, por favor, ¿puedo quedarme contigo?" Lone Star asked, shaking from fear. (The night terrors came back, and I couldn't feel my body, mom please can I stay with you?)

"Yeah, you can, just be careful." She told him, he nodded and grabbed her hand. She lead him down to the spare room, and I left a note for Japan for when she woke up. I walked back to my room, and rejoined Russia on the bed ready to go back to sleep. He pulled me into the small spoon position and I allowed it, finding comfort in his warmth.

~morning~

Mexico pov.

I woke up with Texas still asleep in my arms. It took me a bit to remember what happened last night but I eventually remembered that Texas has night terrors and can't speak English for a bit. I got up and brought Texas to the living room with me. As I got there I saw Confederate sitting on the couch.

"Damn, the poor kid, first the flashback, now the night terrors. I feel really bad for him." He told me, sympathetically. I nodded in agreement and sat down next to him.

"Yeah, Ame came to me last night, told me that he needed help with one of the kids, he didn't tell me which one, until Tex started hugging me, shaking in fear. What ever he saw last night must have really spooked him." I told Confederate.

"Yeah, I guess." He replied. We sat in silence for a good bit before Canada walked in. "Mornin' Nada." Confederate greeted.

"Ah, morning you two." He replied. "How's Lone Star?" He asked.

"He's fine, still sleeping." I replied. I watched his tense posture relax.

"That's a relief, I was really worried when he wouldn't let me anywhere near him, until Stars walked in." He told us.

"Yeah, some are worse than others, the flashback he got night 'fore last broke my heart." Confederate told us, Canada joined us on the couch, and after a bit Texas started to stir.

"Mornin'." Texas told us.

"Mornin' Lone Star." Confederate told him.

"I'm sorry 'bout last night Uncle Nada." Texas told Maple.

"You're fine Tex." Canada told him. Texas nodded and relaxed into my side.

"You know you call me mom when you have night terrors right?" I asked the kid. He nodded, embarrassed.

"That's fine right? I mean, I could stop." Tex asked me.

"It's fine, but you might have to explain that to some of your siblings, and you could always call me mom, I don't think Ame minds." I told him, "besides I see you, Cali, New Mexico, and Arizona as my kids anyway, but you more so." I finished.

"Thanks mom." Texas beamed. We all talked for a bit, until more of the states walked in, turning on the tv and greeting us.

"Hey I'll get started on breakfast, Confetti can you wake the others?" Canada asked.

"Yeah." Confederate replied getting up, and walking back towards the rooms. After a little bit most of the countries and the rest of the kids came to the living room.