X - Epilogue

Nepos looked out the window. He was once hopeless and desolate in Pompei, but he had risen so far. The reign of Nepos lasted fifty years until his death. During his reign, Second Rome was at a time of peace yet constant oppression. Religion and culture were reintroduced, but these aspects were designed specifically to integrate themselves into Second Roman culture, for example Christianity was replaced by Aeneas and an invented father of Chaos and Cronus, and so not only was he the oppressor, but he was the giver of the crumbs in the basket and the eater of the bread, but to the people there was only thanks for the morsels. The Formatae Iustita served its purpose, and was formally abolished after the recreation of the Inquisition, once Rome regained its riches. Soon, the assemblies that spawned in Lucius' Republic were all slain. The assemblies were supposed to represent pre-Great War nations, and were all destroyed.

All memories of Lucius and Gnaeus were of infamy, for they had lost, and in a world where might was right, those who won had the right to write history. The selfish and power hungry desired to use their power, for no tyrant did not desire to become greater, and so they tried to bring their vision to the world, and whether they won or lost determined their memory in history.

It seemed that in this time, the only way to overcome an enemy was to become it. The only way to become fear was to become fear, just as the warrior gained the powers of the storm by becoming the storm, and the fear of an object evaporated once it was understood. Yet, after fifty years and his power was given to his second nephew Polonius Julius Caesar, who avoided the term augustus for it reminded the people too much of autocracy. Yet there were the hearts of those who lived in the mountains, and those who were born from pods beated. Perhaps his boast was premature, for war could be truly eternal.

Yet, for now, the Isle of the Fell had ended, and for Second Rome, an age of prosperity had come.