two | surprise, motherfucker

-TWO-

In seconds, Reyna snatched the phone from Tara, cutting the call and putting the phone away. Cold fear gripped her, something which she hadn't felt in a long, long time.

Rule number one of a serial killer movie? Lock the doors, close the blinds.

'Systems armed' came the sound of Tara's automated home system. In seconds, Reyna had her dagger in hand, beautifully sharpened and gleaming in the kitchen light. She hastily closed all the blinds, cloaking any unlit part of the ground floor in darkness.

"Tae," said the redhead cautiously, "I'm gonna go get Jeff, and you have to stay as calm as you possibly can."

"I'm not a fucking psychopath like you, Rey," snapped Tara, her hands trembling. "I can't stay as calm as possible in a situation like this!"

"You might not be a fucking psychopath like me, but you're a horror movie fan. This is basically...this is basically The Nun, but with a dumbass in a Halloween mask in place of a feared demon of hell," explained the girl, looking at her reflection in the dagger she held.

Tara nodded, and texted Amber frantically, but instead ended up with the mysterious caller on the other line again. The phone rang and she answered it, saying, "This isn't fucking funny, Amber."

"I told you, this isn't Amber," replied the man on the other end. A video made Tara's phone ding, making both her and Reyna look at it. It was a video of their friend Amber, taken from a bush outside her house. The killer continued, "Amber's looking particularly fetching tonight. She really shouldn't leave her phone lying around for anyone to clone."

"What do you want?" Snapped Reyna, taking the phone from her friend carefully.

"I told you, I want to play a game," said the man. "Stab movie trivia, three rounds. You call the cops, she dies You get a question wrong, she dies. Her parents aren't home. I can be in that room in 15 seconds."

Hearing their deafening silence, he asked, "You want a warmup question?"

"I told you I don't know these movies!" Exclaimed Tara. "Ask me about something I do know. Ask me about It Follows. Ask me about Hereditary. Ask me about The Witch!" Her voice rose to desperation, but her pleas were ignored.

"Ask me about any serial killer from any country and my answer will be correct. Same for the easiest ways to commit, get away with, and plan a murder," said Reyna, holding the phone between her shoulder and ear, flicking off some dust from the blade of her dagger.

"Fine. This question's for both of you. Maybe Reyna can't answer it, considering horror movies aren't her thing," he replied in his chilling tone. "In the first Stab movie, what Woodsboro native was introduced as the franchise's main character?"

His first mistake: Underestimating me. Never, ever underestimate Rey Fischer.

"It's Sidney Prescott!" Exclaimed Tara.

"It's Sidney Prescott and she lived on Elm," added the redhead in a calmer tone.

"Correct. You see, you're gonna do great at this," the killer faked a calming and gentle tone. "Okay, question one..."

"No, we got that one right. It should count," replied the brunette, sweat gleaming on her forehead.

"Anyone could have gotten that one right Sidney's in every movie but the last one," he replied. "It's common sense. Question one, this one's for you, Reyna. Who wrote the original book that the Stab movies are based on?"