7. Don't come back

Annabelle

After seeing Jack storm off like that, I began to reflect on my 'real relationship' with Archer, if you can call it that so I decided I should give Will a chance. I talked to him at lunch and this Saturday we will go out.
I sighed and looked at the watch, the closing time was an hour ago, but I still have the habit of waiting for him. Call it to hope or foolishness, but I keep thinking about him.

"This so stupid."

I closed the cafè and went towards the bike when I felt a chill run down my spine. I started to feel uncomfortable and a little scared; it felt like someone was staring at me, so I tried to hurry.

"Annabelle." I heard someone whisper. At first, I panicked, but I immediately relaxed since I knew that voice very well, so I turned around and saw the face I was looking forward to seeing all this time.

"You're here." I barely managed to say. I didn't even know how I was feeling. There was this explosion of emotions, I was angry and hurt because he ran away and made me wait, but relieved and happy because he was in front of me.

"I'm sorry." He said and I saw a flash of nervousness cross his face. "I think I finally lost my senses." He added and I felt a little bit hurt by that since I didn't really know what he meant.

"Why? Is it because you kissed me or because you're here?" I asked, looking him straight in the eyes.

"Both of them."

"Ouch." That hurt, but I didn't want him to know, so I just laughed nervously.

"So what do you want Archer? Why are you here?" I said, looking away.

Suddenly, I felt him lift my chin to look at him.

"You." He said as he came closer. "I want you to be mine. I'm afraid I can't put a rein on my feelings anymore." He said and I could feel his breath on my lips.

I hated the way he made me feel. "I'm not a doll, Archer!" I said, hitting his hand and taking a few steps back. "I have feelings, I-i don't even understand what you want. Y-you come here claiming you have feelings for me and expect me to take all this shit." I stammered and I felt tears forming in my eyes, but I tried to push them away. I didn't want to show any weakness, even if it was him. "What do you want from me, Archer?" I sobbed.

He seemed a little angry at first, but his eyes softened immediately, and he tried to move closer to calm me down, so I put my hands up to stop him. I could see he didn't like it.

"I'm sorry! I never played with your feelings. I'm confused, I know my feelings for you very well, but I'm not sure how I should act." He replied as he ran his hand through his hair in frustration and I could tell he was telling the truth.

"Why are you here?" I asked again, lowering my gaze.

"You're the only person who can calm me down." He said, confusing me.

"Did someone upset you?" I asked and he laughed.

"I usually don't get angry I might say it's hard to piss me off since I don't care about others, but you're the only one who can talk to me like that and...." He stopped as he got closer and touched my chin. " I started questioning all my decisions, feeling confused and angry all the time. I want you to be mine." He continued.

"I want to be yours, Archer." I blurted out with I don't know what confidence as our lips moved closer, but he suddenly took a few steps back. I whimpered as he was moving away.

He turned around and walked away.

"If you leave now, don't come here again Archer," I said sternly.

He stopped for a second, and I felt almost relieved until he started again without looking back.

I don't know how long I stood there, but I could feel my tears. I started crying, walked into the cafè, called Lisa, and asked her if she could give me a ride.