BTS: carbon monoxide poisoning

It had been 12 days. 12 days since Seokjin had left to serve the military and the members were already missing him too much. It wasn't the first time that they hadn't seen the eldest in 12 days, but now it felt different. Usually when he went abroad with his family for example to go on a holiday, they knew that he would return after a couple of weeks, but now they knew that wasn't the case. Of course, the eldest would come back, but not in a few weeks, but after 18 months! 18 months were long, too long if you asked the remaining members of BTS but what can they do about it?

Nothing

So that's why the seven members had gathered together last month to talk about the upcoming years. One by one the members would enlist, meaning that their small group would become smaller and smaller over time until the last one had finished it as well. 2025. It sounded so far away, and it was actually very far ahead of them. Nearly three years of not being seven. But a different number, like the 6 that they are now. But it didn't matter if they were with 6, 5 or less members, they promised each other to always keep in touch and hang out to do fun stuff until the rest could join again. Seokjin had pulled the hyung line aside and demanded promises that they would look after the maknae line when he was gone, but he knew he didn't have to demand it. He knew that Yoongi, Namjoon and Hoseok would put the younger one's needs before theirs at all costs. And then Seokjin had pulled the maknae line apart to demand that they kept enjoying their lives and didn't sulk too much when the rest of members were going to enlist before them. He also told them with urgency that they needed to stay healthy and eat well and while telling this he especially focused on Jimin, but he also looked at Jungkook because the kid could be reckless sometimes and end up getting hurt pretty easily.

So the 6 members did what Seokjin had told them and decided to spend Christmas eve together like old times. The hyung line had found a nice villa somewhere outside Seoul while the younger ones took care of the Christmas decoration. At 11am they gathered together in Namjoon's house with their suitcases and the maknaes had some additional bags filled with Christmas stuff and presents.

"How much did you get? You know we're only spending one night at the place?" Namjoon chuckled when he noticed five big bags with stuff that were only related to Christmas. He could see a few boxes of Christmas ornaments, a small Christmas tree, a plush snowman, Santa hats and a lot more.

"Yeah we know" Taehyung said seriously and shrugged his shoulders. He grabbed two bags and then walked towards the front door "Are we going or not?"

"Yeah yeah we're coming" Yoongi mumbled as he followed the second youngest who waiting impatiently at the door. The six members then managed to get 6 suitcases, 5 big shopping bags and 6 grown-up adults into one SUV, because they refused to ride with more cars. They all had their own cars, but they secretly enjoyed traveling together like they had done many times in the past. The shared moments during rides like this were priceless and too precious as they were all singing along with Christmas songs that blasted from the speakers and how snacks were being passed through the car.

After two hours they arrived at their villa, but they had to look twice to figure out if they had arrived at the right destination.

"It looks.... smaller?" Hoseok said hesitant. He was one of the three members that had found the place on the internet, so he remembered the pictures. The house in front of them looked a little bit like the house on the website, but not completely. It looked outdated and much smaller in real life.

"I'm sure it will be better inside, come on" Namjoon said and motioned for the rest to follow him. He struggled to open the lock of the front door because it seemed a bit rusty and old, but eventually he succeeded and opened the door which made a loud creaking noise.