two

The morning after that night at the pool when the hangover sets in, you freak out.

The pool. The flickering lights. Jenna's crush on Georgie. Emma's lips on yours.

You should feel elated. Emma had kissed you. Instead, you feel... flat. Uncertain.

You stare down at your phone as you read Emma's text.

had an amazing time last night.. Excited to see you again today 🙂 🙂

You bite your lip. Fingers hover over the keyboard, trying to think of a response. When it doesn't come, you set your phone down. Groan. Let your mind wonder why you're not as excited as you should be.

She's gorgeous and she likes you. The kiss she'd given you had left you with butterflies. But there's a tiny gnawing feeling at the pit of your stomach. You wished it had been Jenna.

Stop it, you scold yourself. She isn't interested. She likes Georgie.

Georgie, god. Georgie with his stupid handsome face and his stupid attractive accent. They'd be a pretty couple. He'd like her back, of course he would. And then they'd get together and be stupidly in love. It's only a matter of time. Crestfallen, you stare back at the text. Then you're replying.

Excited to see you too ☺️☺️ had a great time last night.

-

Set that day is rough on everyone.

You're filming with Hunter and Joy. Joy, miraculously, isn't one ounce hungover, ever the professional. Hunter spends his time off camera with his head in a bucket, trying not to puke. You're not far off, laying your head in your hands trying to quell your raging headache.

You barely notice as Emma sidles up to you, small smile on her lips.

"Hey." She says, a little shy, "How are you feeling?"

"Better than him." You jerk your head over to Hunter. He's sitting in one of the cast chairs, looking a little green. Emma giggles.

"You know what they say about hangovers." Emma says, biting her lip, "Best way to get through them is to keep drinking."

You tilt your head up.

"Oh?" You say, "Why, you got some vodka on you?"

"No," She says with a laugh, "But I was wondering if you wanted to go out dancing tonight. With me."

She thinks for a moment, "Well, not just me. Jenna's coming too. And Joy, maybe Georgie too. Hunter if he can stand."

Your stomach coils and the thought of watching Georgie and Jenna dancing together.

"I don't know..."

"Come on." She presses, squeezes your hand. Your stomach flutters, "It'll be fun. I'll show you my moves."

She's staring at you, a little pleading. You swallow, ignore the lump in your throat.

"Fine." You agree, "But just so you know I'm a terrible dancer."

"Me too." She affirms, "But that's what makes it fun."

-

The club is tiny. Packed to the brim with Romanian party-goers. Jenna sorts you all a small area in the corner, veers off with Georgie to buy the group drinks. You watch them at the bar, stare at the back of Georgie's head as she touches his arm.

White hot jealousy coils through you. You take a long sip of your drink, try to shake it.

Emma's beside you, looking so pretty in a tiny black dress. You try to focus on her.