17 | exposure

Being in a cold cell with nothing to cover yourself with, and no food, no sleep, was horrifying. For me, it is a reality. 

The lights were turned off, and I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding. I began to speak to Ezra to ask him if he was okay, but the door opened again. The sound of several feet shuffling into a cell was heard. They opened Ezra's cell, my heart began beating faster. Worry filled my body, giving me energy to speak up.

"Don't hurt him, please." I begged.

I didn't want to push it. I learned not to a couple days ago, the wounds were still fresh. The man threw someone in the cell and locked it shut.

"Don't speak." he replied stoic, uncaring to our suffering. 

I shut my mouth, I knew better then to egg the Don's men. Once they un-gagged Ezra, he filled me in. This moron took drugs from the French, and didn't pay back the money. He owed them two hundred thousand. When they threatened to kill him, and ransacked his apartment, he offered them to hold me as captive if he didn't give the money back.

The dealers broke their end of the deal, and Ezra made no profit, so we're sitting here, chained, dirty, and freezing.

It's torture. The only peace we get is when the lights are off. When the lights are on, we can't sleep. They throw ice cold water on us, to make sure we stay awake. Your clothes stick to your skin, as they swing around spiked bats, hoping it hits you. The freezing temperature combined with the pain is horrible. 

They switch up when they turn the light on and off, so you can never form a time to sleep, everyday it's different. They switch up the torture too. They made Ezra sit next to me, and pulled off his nail. I couldn't comfort him, or else they said they would do it to me too. I spent the entire night hearing his whimpers.

The man left, and I could finally speak. "Who are you?" I asked to the person they put in his cell,

Ezra replied, "I can't see her face, I think she's still unconscious." I tried to rub my body for warmth. 

"Get some sleep, Ezra." I replied.

"I''ll try." 

I know he wouldn't though.

-

Finn's P.O.V:

Florence hadn't been answering her phone for the past week, I tried calling her, and was getting worried. 

My fear only increased when Jersey called me, he sounded rough, like he'd been crying. "Have you seen, Florence?" I asked him, not caring what was up with him. 

"I was going to ask you that, I thought she was at your place, I thought she found.." he held back sobs.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance, "I frankly don't give a fuck about what happened between you, are you sure she's not with you?" 

He said no, and I hung up. 

Spencer and Wren were watching a movie, as I walked by to go to Theo and Bentley's office.

"Is everything okay? Is Florence okay?" Spencer asked. I forced a smile, and nodded, continuing to the office.

I barged into the office, even though I knew about the rule to not go in. "Theo, we need to talk, it's important." Bentley walked in behind me, "We already know, we're sending out teams." I sighed in relief, but I knew we weren't finished.