four

The police inspection — had went wrong.

Gajeel didn't show the doll to the police. For some reason, he couldn't. Because he thought it held something of value.

The police had told him to let them know when the same intruder tries to break in, and if they leave anything of value — give it to them.

He already has something, the damned doll. That is the problem. But he chooses not to give it up.

Gajeel has not told Juvia about his intentional mistake. According to plan, if he keeps the doll.. the woman will come back. To take what's hers. Since she has forgotten it when she disappeared without a trace.

The next day felt like forever. Gajeel spent time rearranging the remaining piece of paper in his attic. Crumbling up the useless and unhelpful research about the HSE experiment.

Those were the ones by those untrustworthy websites, printed out in a hurry because he wanted to find something.

But so much little is known about it.

Welcome To The Black Parade rung loudly, making his ears throb. Gajeel's concentration on his work broken, scooting back on the wooden chair. Scared out of his mind for a few seconds.

It took another few to realize someone was calling him.

Why did I change my ringtone to this song in the first place?

Cause it was his father's.

He picked up the phone. Hearing Juvia's concerned voice on the line.

"How did it go?"

"How did what go?" He asked, fazed.

"The police inspection, Gajeel."

"Oh, that. Yeah, regular inspection stuff. I was asked a shitload of questions but that's pretty much it."

"What about the doll? Did you show it to them?"

He tensed. Rubbing his face. Whenever he does, he's about to tell a straight lie about something. Right now, to Juvia.

"Yeah, yeah, they said they'll send it to the lab for examination." Gajeel told her. Those words far from the truth. He didn't hand the police anything.

"Good. I hope they find her soon."

"Yeah."

"By the way... how did she look like? I'm curious."

"Uh.." Gajeel leaned back on the chair. Envisioning her slim figure. Their encounter took place in the pitch black living room. He wasn't able to see all her features.