A Heart Of Lies

A gentle breeze washed over the land, whispering soft calls of freedom. The blades of grass waved along with as if they wanted to join the wind but like me, they were tried to they were born into.
Does the grass wish for freedom?
For adventure?
Who call tell?
The stars twinkled from above, lighting up the otherwise pitch black sky.
"Highblood." A voice muttered from behind. I needn't turn to see. I knew the voice already.
"Yes, Pyrope?" I replied after a moment, almost wishing that if I didn't speak, she would leave me be. "The Subjugglator requested for you to join him for dinner." She giggled softly.
Dinner... With him? That was something that never happened. It must be because... Yes, of course.
It wasn't long ago the Rebellion was ambushed. Their leader was killed and the others were imprisoned or went into hiding om their own. He must be celebrating, of course.
Why celebrate something so cruel though?
It was probably wrong for me to think, but I had believed in them. If the highbloods lost their status, I would have finally been free. Free as the heroes in the books. I could only imagine the tales I could weave. A pirate? A knight? Anyway, I would never know now. I turned around to meet the eyes of Subjugglator's servant, appropriately named Redglare. Her eyes hidden behind a pair of shining red shades. They gleamed in the dim lights, causing goosebumps to rise up my arms. Redglare's rather unpleasant grin was directed towards me, sharp teeth almost perfect razors.
"Why me? Surely his descendants would be more suited to dine with him." I wondered, raising an eyebrow. Redglare bowed, hand over her stomach like a Prince. "Not possible. He requested you, and only you. You should accept. This is a special occasion to dine with his Grand Highblood." Her silky voice lined with irritation, but it was all too easy to hear her spite.
I pulled myself off the ground wiping my dark dress from the grass. "Fine. I'll walk there on my own. Don't escort me." I made sure to add the last part. Redglare had a habit of following me without my consent. I know why, but I couldn't stop myself from growing angry at it. I was different from the other indigo bloods, so I was treated differently too.
I discovered it not long ago, when the mother grub had an accident. Someone had tried to kill her and in the fight, the genetic material of a blue blood and indigo blood mixed, causing a slight mutation with me.
Of course, it wasn't really anything you would... Think about or notice at first. An indigo blood mix, making me sightly less powerful than the others, but I was still taken on because... I was the last grub born before the last mother grub fell. I couldn't afford to be killed, that's all.
There was no question the Subjugglator would slit my neck when the next mother grub arises. But how lomg would that be? I pondered all these thoughts as my heels clapped against the tiled floor of the dark castle. It smelled sickly down the hall, and even more so as the dining hall came close.
I felt the ice cold doorknob, and even when I looked up, it was hard to see the ceiling. The door seemed to spam for miles up, and after a time, the dark shadows hid it's true end. It had to be big though because...
Because...
I shut my eyes as I pushed the door open. What awaited me upon entree was a large cup being thrown in my direction. I moved to duck but the aim was off anyway, crashing into the stone wall and shattering. The only light in the dining hall was the torches, lit up and flickering their small fires. Despite the darkness, I made eye contact with a pair of shining golden eyes on the far end of the table. "Don't just stand there." His voice sounded like a whisper but even when he was trying to speak softly, it still felt as though he was near yelling. The Grand Highblood was different than normal trolls.
He was tall, towering over his lowerblooded subjects, and massive in muscles. If he so wished, he could crack a skull in one punch, kill if they were unlucky.
Along with his almost unnatural size, his voice was loud too. Booming, thundering even. When he started to yell, it could be heard to the farthest reaches of the castle, and even outside. Though he didn't always yell, it was uncommon for him not too.
Inviting me to dinner, and keeping his voice calm...? It truly was a special day.
As the Grand Highblood gestured towards the long table, I inhaled slowly and made my way closer. The table was filled with assortments of foods starting with meats, to fruits, desserts, it was enough to feed an army. As he sat on one end, I took a seat on the other, sitting down in the throne-like chair. His golden eyes blinked and he lowered his head to the food, suddenly ripping the leg off one of the many animal foods. His teeth shredded most of the meat off in one swift crushing motion and he swallowed, tossing the bone aside. It hit the ground with a CLANG, echoing through the hall. "So," he began. "Aren't you happy?"
"What?" I blinked, a bit surprised by his question. The Grand Highblood slammed his hand down on the table, making a lot of the food fly off the table.
"I said 'Aren't you motherfucking happy'?!" He repeated, raising his voice. I quickly nodded, though a bit confused what he meant.
"Good." He relaxed back in his chair, gleaming his blade-like teeth. "You should be. It's a time for motherfucking celebrations, you know. The rebellion's motherfucking leader is rotting dead. There's no threat anymore."
I quickly swallowed, trying to get the mental image of the Signless out of my head. I hadn't attended the mob, but I heard enough rumors to understand. Chained and shot in front of an audience that cheered for his death. What a horrible way to go when he was fighting for equality.
"Yes, very much so. May I leave now?" I moved to stand when he gruffed with irritation.
"Fucking everywhere." He muttered. "Can you feel it?"
I looked around the room, but I felt nothing, I heard nothing but my own heartbeat. "I'm sorry?" I tilt my head.
The Highblood's dark chuckle echoed as he stood up, throwing his chair back. "Motherfucking everywhere! And now even you-"
It happened so fast, I didn't have time to react. A large hand tightened around my throat and I was looking into the golden eyes. He was... Furious.
"Don't think I haven't fucking noticed, you motherfucker. You were rooting for the rebellion. How does it feel to know they're all gone?"
I couldn't speak, I could hardly breathe, and finally, I was released, falling to the ground. I tried to suck in as much air as I could, calming my heart down. Was he not going to kill me for the betrayal?