Potter's Holibobs

A teddybear for our Teddybear-Padfoot

-Padfoot

A teddybear for our Teddybear-Padfoot

Prongs and Lils '76
-Moony

Moony, Padfoot and Wormy play chess '76-Lily

-Lily

Moony, Padfoot and Wormy play chess '76-Lily

Marls and Dorcas '76
- Theo

Remus'perspective

Christmas Day finally came and I got to wake up to the most beautiful face in the world. Although she was not so happy to be awoken at 6am I just couldn't help it.
I hurriedly dragged her down the stairs, barely greeting my parents before rushing to the tree to start opening presents. I can't help but turn back into a child on Christmas morning.
I open mum and dad's gifts first and hand them theirs. They got me a bunch of new vinyls including the new Bowie album! They also got me some new books and clothes. My favourite of their presents was the new Polaroid camera! I can't wait to add more pictures to the growing photo album on my walls.
They got Teddy gifts too although she had insisted they'd given her gift enough by having her for Christmas (she's too cute) they were happy to buy her gifts.
Mum knitted her a new jumper and they got her a pair of earrings with little sweetpeas on them. I don't know how mum found out sweetpeas are her favourite flower but she loved them. She let out quite the squeal when she saw them and gave my parents each a rib squeezing hug, practically bouncing up and down with excitement.
I can't help but beam seeing her so happy. I just hope she likes my gift.

"Okay open mine next" Teddy says excitedly, passing me a small bag with a red ribbon tied messily on the top, she's never been one for wrapping.
I pull the ribbon open and pull a little box from inside the bag. When I open it my heart practically jumps.

It's a gold chain with a small pendant hanging from the end

It's a gold chain with a small pendant hanging from the end. The pendant is so perfect it's hard to believe it's real. It's a little moon with a bear wrapped around it sleeping peacefully.
"To keep you safe." She says softly, touching my hand so delicately I can barely feel her. I leap across the floor to her and encase her in a hug, kissing all over her face. She giggles softly and ruffles my hair with a smile. "So you like it?"
"OBVIOUSLY! It's perfect Teddy I love it so much!"
"Good, was so worried you'd hate it."
"Never, you could get me a teaspoon and I'd adore it."
"Well fuck Remus you should've said that before I spent all my money on you."
"Oh bloody hell, Teddy bring it back if it cost you that much. I told you to only get something small you silly goose!"
"I'm messinnggg!!" She laughs. "Although I'll keep the teaspoon thing in mind for your birthday."
"Good, I could use a new spoon actually."

"Here, open mine. I guess great minds think alike." I laugh thinking of her gift and remembering what I got her.
She too gets a small black jewelry box and she gasps when she opens it.
"It's beautiful Remus, merlin talk about over gifting, are those real?!" She's refering if course to the little diamonds encircling the pendant I got her.
"Maybe..." I grin.
"It's too much Remus." She says seriously although her smile is still imprinted on her face.
"Nothings too much for you my love." I kiss her forehead softly.

"But wait you have to open it!" "What?" "It's a locket shithead

"What?"
"It's a locket shithead."
"Remus! Language!" Mum interjects but I ignore her, waiting excitedly for Teddy to open the locket.
When she does her face lights up and her eyes start to fill with tears.
"Moony..."she breathes. "Is this..."
"The day we met, and the day I fell in love with you. And the other is one of the best days of my life." I tell her softly. A stray tear trails down her cheek and a quickly wipe it away and press a kiss to her head as she gazes as the pictures of in the locket.
The first one is from the day we met her in the common room and she helped us prank a Slytherin who'd been picking on Peter. (We hexed his robes to turn him bright pink the minute he put them on.) In the picture Teddy, James, Sirius, Pete and I are all beaming at the camera and laughing so hard we can barely breathe.
The second picture is of Teddy and I dancing in the Gryffindor common room late one night when we thought no one was watching. She'd been having a bad day and I thought dancing to blackbird (her favourite song) would cheer her up. Looking back now, I'm rather glad Lily Evans was stalking us with her camera.
"I love them Remus, I love you. All of you. This has been the best Christmas of my life thank you so much."

After Christmas dinner, when we're all siting down to watch a Christmas film an owl lands outside the living room window tapping furiously on the glass.
"Isn't that James' owl?"
"Oh, yeah it is actually." I hurry to window and take the letter from the owl before it flies away.

Dearest Moony (and Teddybear),
My humblest apologies for not sending our Christmas presents earlier but we have devised a plan!
We are cordially inviting you both to my humble abode for the remainder of the Christmas Holibobs in order to fully reunite the gang. As of this morning Sirius, Regulus, Lily, Marlene, Dorcas, Mary and Pete are all residing at my household. We are hereby requesting your presence.
We miss you both terribly and hope you will accept this invitation and as soon as possible if you don't mind.

All my love,
Prongs x.

P.S. New Years party to end all New Years parties is in the works and we await your impeccable planning skills.

"Well, I suppose we should start packing." Teddy laughs having read the letter over my shoulder.
"I suppose we should." I grin back at her.