Chapter 2: First Gathering

A/N: I don't own Warriors. Erin Hunter does, I just play with the characters.

" Speech"

Thoughts, dreams

' Flashback'

As the ShadowClan patrol headed to Fourtrees through the tunnel that led to WindClan territory Dawnpaw felt excitement and nervousness starting to heat up her pelt. What if the ThunderClan leader will accuse me of trespassing in front of the whole Gathering?

" Are you nervous about your first Gathering?" She heard the voice of Acorndapple ask.

Dawnpaw nodded, kneading the grass and heather beneath her paws nervously. " What if ThunderClan leader will accuse me of trespassing or trying to steal prey? In front of the whole Gathering?!" She wailed, fur fluffing up with worry

" Don't worry about it. Rustystar will understand that it was an accident, nothing to start a fight about, especially not at a Gathering when it's supposed to be a full moon truce. " Acorndapple calmed her down, purring.

Soon the group got to the hill that overlooked the Gathering hollow. Dawnpaw tried to tell the wafting scents of the other Clans apart from each other but it was nearly impossible due to how mixed up they were. Are all of the other four Clans here already?!

As the patrol padded down the hill Marshpaw tried to rush forward but he got stopped by the yowl of Maplestar.

" Marshpaw! Come back! " The leader yowled at her nephew in a warning tone.

" Sorry, Maplestar. " Marshpaw mewed in reply, his tail and ears drooping as he padded back to the group.

As Maplestar led the patrol to the Gathering hollow Dawnpaw could barely keep her excitement under control. We finally get to meet the other Clans! I hope that the ThunderClan leader won't mention what happened with the ThunderClan border.

Maplestar hopped onto the Great Rock where the four other leaders were already waiting for her. After that one of the leaders, slender ginger and grey she-cat with a grey mask-like marking on her face and amber eyes started the Gathering by getting the attention of the gathered cats by yowling. " RiverClan has two new apprentices. Cloudpaw is training under Fogwhisker and Ashpaw is training under Fernwhisper. "

" Cloudpaw! Ashpaw! Cloudpaw! Ashpaw! Cloudpaw! Ashpaw!" The Clans called the names of the new apprentices.

Dawnpaw noticed the young, shy-looking white tom with a silver face, ears, tail, and legs with black tabby stripes and dazzling blue eyes sitting by a few other cats who had similarly glossy pelts as he did. He doesn't look like a typical Clan cat at all, could he be a former kittypet? Why would RiverClan take a kittypet in their ranks? Aren't they too soft for Clan's life?

After a few heartbeats another leader, a light brown tom with black dapples on his face and yellow eyes stepped forward. " SkyClan has four new apprentices. Sandpaw is training under Starlingfeather, Cricketpaw under Ivyberry,  Flowerpaw under Icewing, and Swiftpaw under Thorntuft. Also, Ashflower has moved into the nursery while expecting my kits.

There were a few dogs that tried to chase our warriors but they fought them off. That patrol was consisting of Cloudstorm, Icewing, Hawksnow, and Petalfall." He added, glancing at the rose-cream she-cat who nodded her head, green eyes shining.

Dawnpaw thought that there was something regal about the way leaders were standing on top of the Great Rock. Someday I will be there, hopefully.

" That is wonderful to hear, Flystar. Kits are always welcome news. " Maplestar purred after the Clans had called the names of the new SkyClan apprentices.

The brown tom nodded, purring. " Thank you, Maplestar. "

After that, the brown calico she-cat with a short tail and deep blue eyes stepped forward. " WindClan has two new apprentices. Poppypaw is training under Barkfang and Blazepaw is training under Crowfleck. Also, Roseblaze has moved into the nursery, expecting Crowfleck's kits. " She told the group, looking at the downy-furred black-and-white tom with dark blue eyes who was sitting beside a young red tabby tom with yellow eyes. The black and white tom looked rather proud.
That must be Crowfleck and his apprentice.

After that, the orange tom with green eyes and a distinctive scar on his face stepped forward, the moonlight causing his blind eye to have a cloudy and filmy appearance. " ThunderClan has two new apprentices. Ivypaw is training under Redleaf and Creekpaw is training under Birchshine. Also, Aspentail has given birth to a litter of four kits. There was a fox that tried to attack one of the patrols but they drove it away. However one of the warriors, Flamecloud got bitten pretty badly. He's now recovering under the care of Windyfur and Kestrelpaw. " He announced before the Clans cheered the names of the new apprentices.

Dawnpaw breathed a sigh of relief. Thank StarClan, he didn't mention my accidental trespassing.

After that Maplestar stepped forward, gazing at the gathered cats, her eyes stopping for a heartbeat at Dawnpaw, Marshpaw, and Pondpaw with a proud expression.

" ShadowClan has three new apprentices. The kits of Flaxtuft and Timberwing have finally reached the age of six moons. Pondpaw is training under Rooksplash, Marshpaw under Slatepuddle and Dawnpaw is training under Acorndapple. Also, Aspentuft gave birth to a litter of four kits earlier today. " Maplestar announced, purring.

" Pondpaw! Marshpaw! Dawnpaw! Pondpaw! Marshpaw! Dawnpaw!" The cats cheered,  while some of the apprentices were staring at the trio of siblings with a slight fear and apprehension in their eyes. Is it because of the stories they have been told about ShadowClan? How we are the evil Clan, full of fox-hearted kit stealers and barely better than a group of rogues?

After the Clans had called the names of Dawnpaw and her siblings, Dawnpaw overheard a group of warriors talking. " I'm surprised that Maplestar didn't train one of those poor kits herself. " A white and dark grey tabby tom with pale blue eyes mewed to a dark brown tabby she-cat with a slightly lighter muzzle and bright green eyes.

" What do you mean by that?" The she-cat asked, sounding curious. 

" If I remember correctly she's the littermate of Flaxtuft, which makes those three kits her nieces and nephew. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she'd have asked Maplestar to train one of her kits so they'd get ' the best training in any Clan ' or something. " The tom snorted, his tail flicking.

A little bit later the Gathering ended with all of the patrols returning to their camps.

Dawnpaw padded beside Marshpaw and Pondpaw who were chattering excitedly about the Gathering. 

" I hope that at the next Gathering, we will meet some of the other apprentices properly. It would be interesting to hear what life is like in other Clans. " Marshpaw mewed, his eyes shining with excitement.

I hope everything will go well for the next moon. However, the Gathering is too noisy and crowded for my taste. Dawnpaw thought.

A/N: What do you think?