My To-Do List - Number 7: Revenge May Hit Faster Than Expected

My To-Do List – Number Seven: Revenge May Hit Faster Than Expected

My phone rang and I answered the call, as I dropped onto the book shaped sofa in exhaustion. What a day. It was absolutely hectic today. Anika, Laila, and I were running around. It had been overly crowded and we still had to clean up. It wasn’t a normal day, which I had been expecting since Christmas was approaching fast, but who would’ve thought that people would be shopping so early. It wasn’t even December, yet.

“Hey, it’s Lexi, please leave your name and number and I’ll get back to you A.S.A.P. Oh yeah, leave your message after the beep. BEEP!” I said into the phone, impersonating my voicemail.

“LEXI, I know you’re faking your voicemail,” Darcy shrieked into the phone, making me draw the phone away from my ear.

“Ow,” I whispered looking at the phone, furrowing my eyebrows at it. “Jeez, woman”

“You better get your filthy little butt home, you good-for-nothing bitch,” I looked at my nails, biting my bottom lip, trying really hard not to let it get to me. Focusing on physical pain wasn’t helping. Why did I always have to get treated this way? What had I done wrong? I’d never said one rude word to Darcy. I was too tired to feel pain like this, and I was too tired to really even care anymore. I had one more year, and I’d be eighteen and I would be away from this hellhole and I could move out, or find something better to do. I could do something with my life. I can’t deal with this right now.

I disconnected her call, throwing an arm over my face, trying to cover up the fact that I was tearing up by pretending I was tired. Crying was one of the last things I wanted to do. It made me feel too vulnerable and I wasn’t about to let myself feel like a vulnerable little ant. I was stronger than that. Even if there was no one here, since Anika went to throw out the trash, eerily I didn’t feel alone and it scared the crap outta me.

I got up. “I’m fine,” I told myself as I paced back and forth. “Just nine months, and I’ll be in university, come on, calm down. Darcy doesn’t understand anything, who cares what Darcy thinks. Shanti, shanti,” I calmed down. “Shanti,” I stopped pacing and opened my eyes slowly. I was facing a whole shelf of books flipped backwards, the binds of the books were on the other side, so all you could see were the pages. The motherfucking pages. Are you shitting me right now? Of all times NOW!

“OH MY FUCKING GOD! Who did this?” I screeched, knowing no one was here.

“You know I met a girl named Shanti, she was hot,” I heard an oddly cocky and familiar masculine voice, from behind me. I turned around and like a reflex everything turned blazing hot and I glared at him. He smiled at me arrogantly. “Aww, did I hurt your feelings, babe?” He started walking towards me and I stood my ground, I wasn’t afraid of him.

“Hurt my feelings, no, piss me off, very,” I countered. I pulled out the first few books and turned them around. I turned to look at him in question. “Where’d you get the time to put these books like this?” I asked.

“I had some help you know,” he smiled.

“Hi,” Nick frowned, waving.

My mouth slacked open. “Y-you, NICK! How dare you side with the enemy? I thought we were friends,” Okay, so I was being dramatic.

Nick smirked now. “I never said I was on anybody’s side Lex,” he winked.

My mouth slacked open again. “Wow, asshole,” I glared.

I sighed looking at Shane in amazement. “I wasn’t expecting it, I thought you’d think I was too soft,”

“I declared war, Princess,” he leaned against the bookshelf in front of me. “I don’t back away from my word,” he winked.