Meaning Behind: Bad Blood

In "Bad Blood," Taylor Swift tells the story of a female friend with whom she suffered a platonic break-up; Swift had told Rolling Stone that the unnamed subject of the song "basically tried to sabotage an entire arena tour" in 2013. Some eagle-eyed commenters noted that Perry had hired away some of Swift's dancers for that tour.

But the most striking aspect of "Bad Blood" is the witty manner in which it seems to play off Perry's own work. "You live like that, you live with ghosts," Swift sings of her subject. Last year, Perry released the song "Ghost," about the breakup of her marriage and the degree to which she's haunted by memories. It's a specific metaphor that Perry extends to its near breaking point, and that Swift picks up. The song also says that "Band-Aids don't fix bullet holes"; Perry wrote the country song "Bullet," in which the singer compares her power to that of, yes, a bullet.

Taylor also put a picture of her grammy trophy in 1989 album booklet after the bad blood lyrics, while Katy? None.

ⓒ sorce

How about Bad Blood MV?

Swift's bad blood music video symbolizes feminism. Selena Gomez as Arysn which is Taylor's enemy in the video wears a wig that was Katy Perry's hairstyle we've seen before. The last part of the video that has fire means, if women fight each other nothing good will happen. Women shouldn't fight each other, they should help each other! And I like the thing that at the end, the video didn't show who win the fight. It's not important who wins 'coz fighting is not about winning.

----------

Hey swifties! Any suggestions? Request? Just comment and I'll do my best.

-author