INTRODUCTION.

INTRODUCTION.
TIME'S ARROW.

ask any victor: winning the hunger games is the easy part. surviving the capitol is what's hard.

elaina velour found this out the hard way, and after seven years of being at their mercy, she's done.

following in her mother's treasonous footsteps and quietly leading a rebellion in her home of district 8, elaina's found herself in over her head. and when her inexperience lands her with a potentially dangerous ally whose grand plan is to put her back into the games with 23 other victors, she's pretty sure she's rather just throw in the towel and let snow make an example of her.

however, when she's reunited with someone from her past, she's reminded of all the reasons why she began to fight in the first place.

and while she didn't anticipate the will of the star-crossed lovers of district 12, nor did she anticipate the passion for revolution of her friends and previous victors, elaina certainly was not anticipating how finnick odair's return would change everything for her.

told through alternating timelines, elaina and finnick must work to overcome their fears and adversities of their past, all while trying to keep the oblivious 'girl on fire' alive as they're faced with the horrors of the arena once again.

but as we know, the games are the easy part. and they're always just the beginning.

I. DISCLAIMERS AND IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE.

if you or someone you know (me) has fallen victim to the current hunger games renaissance marketing efforts you may be entitled to financial compensation

but for real, i reread these books every couple of years and each time i find a new thing to appreciate about them. and, all of these youtube and tiktok deep dives into the characters and dynamics have my stupid little brain thinking, so here i am reworking a fic i tried to write 4 years ago whoops

so a couple of things!

1. as always, i do not own anything related to the hunger games found in this fic. all rights go to supreme overlord suzanne collins and all dialogue from the movies goes to the respective writers.

2. i will be mixing elements of the movies, the books, and a whole lot of my own content. if you've been following me and my stuff for a little while, you know that i'm not a fan of sticking to the original source. that's what leads me into my next point which is: