𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛

Her eyes opened as she laid in bed, tucked warmly under the covers as his heavy footsteps were heard on the hardwood floor - down the hall. Autumn rubbed her eyes and sat up, peering at the clock in her room. It was seven in the morning. She winced remembering what happened yesterday while scavenging. Autumn put her head back into the comfy pillow and closed her eyes briefly, but the pounding headache and the burning in her throat only intensified.

Autumn did not even hear Negan's footsteps as he entered the room. The door creaked open and he peered into the room. When he noted Autumn was wide awake, he leaned against the door frame and opened the door fully.

"How are you feeling?" He asked, voice soft and gentle. His hoarse voice threw her off guard. It almost sounded sincere, but Autumn wasn't buying it.

Autumn bit her lip and rolled onto her side, staring at the wall. "Fine, how did I get here?"

His features softened as he gazed down at her. She sat up and glanced up to find him watching her with masked emotion. His face had at least 4 bandages, stitches, and bruises. He was wearing a plain white shirt with grey-ish jeans. His eyes were captivating, by far the most attractive feature of his darkly handsome face. Negan's hair was slicked back, Autumn guessing with either water or gel.

"You fell asleep, I drove us back." He shrugged, squinting his eyes at her and then frowning. "Are you sure you're okay?"

She shook her head yes, mouth too dry to speak. A simple shake of the head didn't satisfy him.

"You don't have to pretend to be fine with me," Negan whispered.

Autumn rolled her eyes at him and scoffed. "Like you care." She said, glaring at him. Autumn strolled in front of Negan and gazed at him. "Don't act like you care about me." She said, her anger taking control. His brows shot up.

His expression revealed a surprise for a brief moment, and then his eyes flashed with anger. Instead of stepping away and giving her space, he stepped forward and stared at her heatedly like he was ready to break her in half. The look in his eyes showed she had taken it too far.

"Fuck you for thinking we'd ever be friends." Autumn rolled her eyes and muttered under her breath. He gazed into her eyes for a moment, then drew a deep breath. His eyes paced from her eyes to her lips. Negan stood erect with staring eyes. His voice was harsh, but his expression was all hurt.

Autumn stepped back as Negan stepped forward closer to her. His muscular frame was tense enough that she saw the veins on his biceps. Negan's warm breath on her neck sent her heart in a flurry of wild beats.

"Negan." She warned.

"What about a little apology?" He whispered against her skin, pushing her against a wall. She wasn't sure if he was trolling or not.

"Fuck you." She spoke, hands on his chest trying to push him away from her.

Negan moved away from her neck swiftly and grabbed ahold of her wrists. His grip tightened as he held her hands against the wall.

"What was that, A?" He whispered once again, mimicking Abraham. His smile was condescending and evil.

"Fuck you." She stared back at him. He paused, his jaw clenching and his grip on her wrist tight enough to hurt. His jaw tightened and his eyes flashed a warning. She glared at him, sensing his amusement in her struggle.

Autumn was a powerful girl, although when it came to Negan she seemed useless and weak. She can practically take anyone but the man standing in front of her. As his grip on her relaxed, she stepped away, a flush creeping up her neck. She looked up at him from her hurt wrist, pain in her brown eyes. Negan eyed her sternly. His empty gaze shifted momentarily from the window to her face.