𝟬𝟰 𝘐 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘋𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘳𝘷𝘦 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴

TW: Mistreatment and self doubt

[I Found - Amber Run]
1:40 ─〇───── 2:13
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

It's the day after the dinner Eden made the team, and I'm already feeling like shit. The time is only 9 am and Tony is already up my ass. He made a mandatory team meeting where we talk about the mission. Even though he already told us what we could have done better, he still feels the need to pour salt into the wounds. I can tell it is hurting Steve's ego and annoying Eden. For some reason, she was invited to the meeting. Even though she had nothing to do with the mission, Tony told her it wasn't an option to not come. I think she wants to be a part of the missions, but Tony is denying her request. And making her be here when she can't help is just cruel.

The entire team who came on the mission and Eden are cramped into the glass office, watching Tony slowly lose his mind with the information given to us from the mission. I don't think it was what he was expecting and he doesn't know what to do with it. But, that doesn't stop the continuous comments about how we didn't do our jobs correctly. I just think something has happened in his personal life and he is taking it out on me. On everyone. Especially on Eden. He keeps insulting her, telling her that whatever she did to help us before we went on the jet was useless and could have cost us the entire mission. She's incredible at keeping a poker face. But, being a trained assassin who was taught how to read people perfectly, I can see the nervous ticks she is having. Her leg is bouncing every time Tony insults her. And she doesn't make eye contact with anyone when Tony is speaking. I feel really bad for her.

But, when Tony is done being horrible to her, he turns to me. Apparently, I didn't use my abilities well enough in the mission. With my super strength, extreme knowledge of weapons, and metal arm, I should have been the driving force of this mission. But, Tony told me before that I need to stay in the back, not be a nuisance, and keep quiet. I did just that, and then I got told off for it. He is just being really petty. I knew before I got here that he craves control, but when he doesn't have it, he becomes nasty. I can feel the tension in the room as he speaks. Some people clearly believe what he is saying, and others don't but won't say anything. It's not that I need someone to save me, but I would feel appreciated if someone didn't think of me as the monster I see every time I look in the mirror.

"If we want to disintegrate this force, then we need to care about how we go about it." Tony snarls.

"We do, Tony." Natasha rolls her eyes. "We did everything you asked, you are just taking your anger out on us."

"If you did everything you could, then we wouldn't have missed half of the needed information," Tony argues.

"You didn't," Eden speaks up. "The missed information was just the same crap just in numbers. I checked on your way back."

"You interfered with the mission?" Tony stops pacing. "I told you not to touch anything about HYDRA, and you went behind my back."

"I could tell you were freaking out about this on the way home, Dad. I only did this to calm you down."

"No, you did this to spite me. You're just angry that I won't let you back on missions." Tony shouts.

"Look," Eden stands up. "I'm not happy that I've been banned from missions, but I wouldn't jeopardise anything just to get back at you. You weren't the only one on this mission, if I hurt you, then I hurt everyone. Do you really think I would do that to the team?"

Tony goes silent, staring at Eden. I don't think he actually thinks she would hurt anyone, but his anger got the best of him. Something is clearly getting to him, and he's taking it out on everybody else. But, Eden is obviously used to this and fighting back at his remarks. Not so much that it creates destruction, but she makes him think about his words and actions and regrets them. She has a knack for diffusing a situation before it gets heated. That's a real talent. I, on the other hand, create chaos everywhere I go and can't stop it.

"If we want to talk about jeopardising, then we should talk about you." Tony turns to me. "You didn't do what I asked of you, and almost cost us the entire mission."

I drop my head to look at my lap as Tony speaks, making direct eye contact with me. Eden sits back down in her chair, next to me and leans closer to me. Her head is placed in her hand, glaring holes into Tony. If looks could kill, Tony would be a pile of ashes on the ground. She looks more angry than I feel.

"I told you to use brute force, and what do you do?" Tony snarls. "You stand in the back, following Steve like a lost puppy."

"Don't do that!" Eden shouts. "Don't make him feel like shit for doing what is right."

"Excuse me?" Tony looks taken aback.

"Eden's right." Steve agrees. "You told him to lay low, and that's what he did."

"I never said that."

"Yes, you did, Dad. The day he came here you reminded him multiple times that he needs to let everyone else take control of the situation."

"Why would I say that? I need everyone on high alert." Tony argues.

"Because you don't trust him." Eden calms down. "And I'm not saying that you need to, you have the right not to, but you can't twist the situation to make him feel like the bad guy. The first day he got here, you said that he needs to lay low. Then, on the morning of the mission, you said that everyone, including him, needs to use everything that they have to fight against HYDRA. You need to pick which one you want. Brute force or staying quiet."

That shut him up quickly. Tony doesn't dare to look at me but does glare at Eden and Steve. It seems that she and Tony are used to disagreeing so much that they know exactly what to say to each other to make them stop. She hits where it hurts for him. His ego. Tony constantly needs to be in control, and she fights for it as well. I guess needing to be ahead of everyone else is in the Stark genes. Howard had it, Tony has it, and Eden is showing signs of it too.

"Everyone out!" Tony's voice booms in the small glass room. "This meeting is over."

Everyone stands up from their chairs, quietly walking out of the office. No one says anything, leaving Steve, Eden, and me behind. We are the last to leave the room, and before we do, Tony glares at us one last time. He is especially angry with Eden, their eye contact lasting for much longer than he and Steve. I don't know why she did that. She put her relationship with her father at risk to defend me. Me. The Winter Soldier. The one who took her grandparents away from her before she got to meet them. The one who has the most potential to ruin her life.

———————————————
PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT