Prologue

Archer

"Are you sure this is the right choice, Alpha?" My beta asked, looking at me with concern. I'm trying my best to smile and not show my emotions but he is one of the people that knows me the best.

"Yes," I answered looking away, clearly lying.

He bowed his head and walked out of the office. In my hands, I have the necklace my mother handed to me to give to the future Luna. It's a necklace shaped like a combination of two stars and the moon hanging in the air. It is passed from generation to generation to the Lunas of this pack, and now I must give it to my chosen Luna. I was looking out the window and tried to connect again with my wolf who was still upset with me for my decision when there was a knock on the door.

"Come in!" I said, knowing already that my best friend Alex was behind the door.

"Are you slacking off Archer?" He said smirking at me and I smiled back. "I still think this is not a good choice." He said now with a serious air. I sighed in frustration since his claims changed my mood.

He had come with Layla, his Luna, to my engagement party, but he apparently still felt the need to give me pieces of advice.

"It's a good deal Alex, and since I don't have a mate, this decision is a foregone conclusion," I told him trying to convince more myself than him. I lie a lot,  but he is annoyingly another one that knows me very well,  which sometimes is a pain in the ass because it's quite hard to sound convincing.

"But you do have a mate, don't you?" He said, looking me straight in the eyes.

"Fuck, so he knows!"

"It's really not your concern, but I appreciate your inquiry," I answered trying to sound cool, and then walked out.

"Today will be a long day". I sighed looking at the necklace again.