6| Macy

After transferring Axel's car seat from my car to this insanely tall truck-while listening to Declan attempt to make conversation with my four-year-old-I finally click my own seatbelt in as he puts the truck in drive.

"So, what's good around here?"

"Uh, Starbucks?" It comes out as a question.

"Really?"

"All the local coffee shops go out of business after being open for a few months." I shrug as I mess with the loose string on my jeans.

"Well, I know a really good place then but..."

"But?"

"It's in the city." He must see the skeptical look on my face because he immediately starts to talk me into it. "It's amazing. And not super busy at all. Trust me. They have the best Americanos I have ever had."

I glance back at Axel in his car seat.

"Come on, it's a Friday. Have a little fun."

"I don't know..." I twist the string on my pants back and forth in between my thumb and forefinger.

"How about this, if you don't like it, you can pick out some girly, sweet Frappuccino from Starbucks for me to drink instead."

This is tempting. Too tempting.

"When was the last time you did something fun?"

His words hit me like a damn Mack truck, and suddenly I'm fifteen years old and back in high school. "How come you never do anything fun?" Darren had asked.

I've always been one to give in to peer pressure which is why I'm going to say I said, "Sure, let's do it." Instead of admitting the real reason: Declan James's car smells amazing and he's insanely beautiful.

"Atta girl." The praise goes straight to my core and I slowly cross my legs. "Hey, Axel,"

"What?"

"What's your favorite song?" He asks and I find myself biting back a smile.

"Um... Move it, move it!"

I chuckle. "The song from Madagascar."

"I fucking love that song," Declan says before clapping a hand over his mouth. "Sorry, didn't mean to say that." The words come out muffled and I giggle-like a freaking school girl in knee-high socks. He hands me his phone with a music app open and I find the song before clicking on it and it starts playing.

Declan turns the volume up before he and Axel start singing. I'm taken by surprise at how much Declan is getting into it. And the worse part is? I can't stop myself from laughing. Like chest pain, gasping for breath, tears in your eyes laughing.

Declan looks over at me with a grin. "See? You're having fun already."

Big and Chunky by Will.i.am from Madagascar 2 starts playing next and Declan turns the volume up even more. I realize he has subs in the back of his car when the bass starts rattling the water bottle in the cup holder between us. "Awe shit man," Declan says before his eyes widen. "Shit, sorry. Oh my God."

When Moto Moto starts singing, Declan deepens his voice and leans over, singing in my ear. "I like them round, with something, something."

I purse my lips together and squeeze my thighs together. Declan notices my flushed demeanor-and probably my face-and pulls away with a wink.

He hits a button on the steering wheel and the song changes.

I blink at the stereo a few times until my mind registers that Declan listens to Rihanna.