Chapter 15: The Impostor

I was filled in on everything that had transpired over the course of the past few years, a lot has changed. Friends became enemies and enemies became friends, everything had been flipped on its head over here, or maybe it's me that's changed too much. After the recent rundown on recent events, I left them to fight the good fight, meanwhile, I do what I do best. Work on my own, so, at this moment I stare down at the people of Piltover and their daily lives before taking a step off this ledge. My body freefallen past the street and descended into Zaun.

I hit the ground on one knee as the asphalt cracked beneath me, citizens ran for shelter fearing the person that had just shaken the ground. I stood up and rolled my shoulders. "S-Stop right there! If you want to get to Shadow you'll have to go through us," one of this impostor's foot soldiers had told me.

"See, I would but, you're already beaten."

"What do you mea-" In the blink of an eye each one of them had been sent into the air. I walked toward the one still awake and lifted him up by the shirt. "See, I could end you here and now..." I raised my fist causing him to flinch expecting an impact that would never come. "Or you can tell me where your boss is and I'll make sure the six of you remain out of his sights make your choice."

I gave him some time to consider this offer, his thoughts went to his family and he considered this in silence for a few seconds before getting his head slammed against the ground. "Too late, should have given me an answer sooner... oh well, onto the next."

The passing hour left behind a trail of broken bones, "H-he's watching us, even now," one of them said, causing me to glance up and see the figure now fall off the building and land in the alleyway. "I was wondering how long it would take them to accept the bait," I said before rushing into the same alleyway.

It should have been impossible to see anything in here. Yet, could see a small flame at the center of this being, that being said the rest of the person was entirely made out of the darkness of the alleyway. "Hm, that's a bit old-fashioned don't you think?" I asked before illuminating the darkness with a bright light at my fingertips.

"I'm still relevant though," I said before rushing at this figure ready for conflict, but my hand went through their body as though made of vapor. "That... was a bit too familiar," I said before changing my hand into a mist and trying to make contact again, felt their energy and how it stung. Meanwhile, they stood unfazed by anything I'd done so far.

I reformed my hand before trying something else, I entered their form and found myself somewhere else entirely. It was a void, "Where am I?" I asked myself and heard a whispering echo that kept repeating over and over, growing louder each time. I looked at myself and found my colors were brighter than usual to contrast the pitch black all around me.

It struck me, this place is a mirror of my own realm. I tried to open a way out of here but found myself unable to leave for the first time ever, I've been denied access. "This isn't good," I decided before trying to come up with a personal weakness, seeing as how this seems to be my metaphysical opposite and how I can turn that into a strength, just to see if that would be a solution to my current imprisonment. If not, I'll eventually figure something else out, I'm sure.

Two Months Later...

I threw myself at every conceivable wall I could come up with, my strengths and weaknesses, nothing gave me any ground. I'm trapped, stuck in this twisted version of my inner being. So finally I rested against the ground, done trying to escape.

"I give up, this is pointless!" I shouted slamming my fists against the ground in utter defeat. The vibrant colors and noise are still unbearable loud and obnoxious. The lukewarm sensation of blood dripped from my hands. I sat up and stared at the dripping red liquid, pain... I wonder how much pain Jinx must be in right now... what she must have gone through because of me, but I'm still trapped here.