11

PETER PLAYED WITH the end of my shirt as he pressed me against the janitor closet's wall in between classes. "Did you dream of me?" he asked cheekily.

I wanted to come up with an even witter response, but I actually did dream of him last night. "Shut up," was all I could come up with, practically showing him all my cards. That only made him smile more. I could feel his fingers on my stomach, slowly making their way up....

The warning bell rang above us. He pulled away his hands, his eyes looking up. He moved his hands to my waist instead. "I was thinking, are you busy today? You don't have another detention, do you?"

"I don't. I do have tutoring with Flash though, until six."

"And after six?"

"I can do something." I eyed his hair. "Are you finally going to let me cut your hair?"

"If that's what you want. Do you like me more with short hair?"

"I like you more when you're closer," I smirked.

Peter grinned, one of his hands reaching for my face. One of his fingers gently traced my bottom lip as his eyes stayed on them. "That can be arranged."

—-

"DID YOU ASK him?" Cindy asked as we walked down the hall after the final bell.

"Yup," I said.

"Are you lying?"

"Yup."

She sighed.

"I'm sorry. I...forgot. I'll ask him tonight, I swear."

"But be casual about it, okay? Casual."

"Right. Of course. I'll be casual about it. I'll bring it up casually. I'll say: Hey, Peter, MJ gay, no?" I joked.

"Marina, I'm serious."

"Okay, okay." I nodded my head eagerly, making my way towards the exit of the school with her, only before I could reach the double doors, Flash popped out of what seemed like nowhere, a disappointed face looking at me as he got in my way.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"What are you? My mom?"

He ignored my comment. "You're not skipping our tutoring session, are you?"

"Of course not, Flash. Calm down. I was just walking with Cindy."

"I'll see you later," she told me before walking past us, reaching the doors with ease.

"To the library?" Flash asked me.

I nodded my head, this time with a lot less passion. I turned around, heading back inside the school.

"What grade did you get on your math homework?" Flash asked.

"A 77."

"Hell yeah."

"Seriously?"

"Getting only five questions right to getting a passing grade? Of course, I'm serious."

I eyed him suspiciously. "I feel like you're being sarcastic."

"I'm serious, Marina. You're doing a great job."

"Oh. Thank you." He opened the doors to the library, motioning me to go first. I gave him a sincere smile before entering the carpet-covered room. I nodded to the librarian when I caught her eye - we were practically friends, seeing her every day. I really should find out her name.

"Have you been doing the workbooks and assign sheets I gave you?" Flash asked as we made it over to our regular table.

"Definitely."