Chapter 10

"I'm not leaving, Zoey if you want to find out what happened you'll have to ask him," Shawn says.

"I need to go check on my grandmother then maybe I might consider meeting him," I say.

After a couple minutes of Shawn begging me to take him with me I roll my eyes and tell him he can. I drive home and notice five cars are parked near my house. I guess every day's gonna be something new. I unlock the front door then go inside the living room. I see like eight people hanging out on the couch or standing talking to people then granny walks in the room with a tray of refreshments. Is this like a book club meeting or something. A fair skinned woman with medium brown hair walks up to me.

"You must be Zoey, I'm Valerie the neighborhood watch captain," she introduces.

"I didn't realize any of you lived around here," I explain.

"We live behind you," she says. Okay miss nosy, what does she even want? What do we need a neighborhood watch for?

I turn around and Shawn is no where to be found. Hopefully he decided to ditch me. I see Layla holding Kenny in her arms chatting with a guy but grandma interrupts her. I walk up to them to finally find what's going on.

"Grandma what did you tell them?," I ask.

"Actually it's Layla who brought them over here,"

"What why?" I ask Layla.

"I thought it would be funny,"

"What if they find out our secret, you know how Valerie is. She's as snoopy as her daughter," Granny complains. Daughter? Is it Roxxi? The third muskrat? It heard at school that she's the number one gossip girl.

"Okay I'll handle it," Layla says then she announces "Can I have your attention please, this meeting will now be held at Valerie's house,"

Everyone mumbles to each other and Valerie stands up and says, "No one told me anything about having the meeting at my house,"

"Well no one told you to have the meeting here. They are going through a lot and Zoey just moved in like yesterday we should give them some peace and move the meeting to your house," Layla compromises. Valerie indecisively agrees then people start leaving. Grandma decided to go with them to get them off her back. Great I have even more neighbors than I know of. I'm not that happy about having neighbors, when I was in Tennessee with my aunt we had this very annoying neighbor that would complain about my cousin playing basketball in front of the house, a stupid birthday party being too loud which we could of invited her if we didn't have to change our number every time she called. She's one of the reasons I'm glad to be out of Tennessee. I walk upstairs and see Shawn sitting on my bed.

"I thought you left, " I say.

"Wanna know a secret?," he asks patting the space on the left side of my bed. I hesitantly walk over to him and sit down. Shawn never used to act like this, right now he's being weird. Usually he'd be obnoxious, selfish, annoying, cocky, idiotic, pervy, mean, controlling and inapriopate but in this very moment he's just weird.

"I don't know if Nicholas or any of them told you but,-"

"You're a vampire," I amit for him them he raises an eyebrow.

"I figured if Nicolas is a werewolf and his cousins hate you you're probably a vampire. And your brother ran outta here super fast last night so he probably is a vampire too, and I really don't want to know any of this supernatural crap like how many types are there?," I ramble on.

"There's vampires, witches, werewolves, wizards, hybrids, boy witches I think are werelocks, psychics, demons, ghosts, shapeshifters, witches can perform certain rituals that can enable to see and talk to ghost but they mostly have to be in a group," Shawn says.