Days later, Marina found herself sitting on the roof of her house in the early morning, feeling more alone, and confused, than ever.

The Ultra files hadn't given much information.

Her fathers name, birthdate, next of kin, and a big red FAILURE.

She couldn't focus in school, she couldn't stand to be near any of PRIDE's kids, even Chase.

He needed her, she could feel it, like she always could, but it hurt, it was dizzying.

Marina had been the one to find her father, bullet in his brain, gun in his hand.

It had all been so straightforward... no one batted an eye.

The sun was beginning to rise, the morning air nipped lightly at the skin her sleep clothes exposed.

Everything spun, and dipped too fast to call the feeling she was experiencing numb.

But it was something like that.

Rustling in the shrubs along the fence, catching her attention.

Chase.

He vaulted effortlessly over the privacy fence, and spotted her on the roof.

Marina's stomach tumbled, she stared forward, not looking at him, as he climbed the guttering up the side of the house.

"Hey."

Chase said softly, settling down next to her.

She didn't respond, but she acknowledged his presence with a glance.

"How ar-"

"Don't. Don't ask me how I'm doing."

Marina cut him off, hugging her knees tightly.

"I don't even fucking know, I can't- nothing makes sense anymore Chase."

He had the sense to keep his mouth shut, and only nod acceptingly.

She drew a deep breath, holding back the tears forming in her eyes.

"He killed himself. He killed himself Chase, and I had years- years to come to terms with that. I was okay, there was no one to be angry at, there was just-"

She stopped, pressing her face into her palms.

"I found him."

Chase pulled her into his chest, warming her bare arms, letting his t shirt catch her tears.

"I'm sorry Mar."

He told her quietly.

"We'll figure this out."

Marina sniffed, and nodded, pressing her face into his neck.

"The PRIDE gala is tonight, we think that's a good time to get into Wizard Computers. I was wondering... if you'd come with?"

"I don't know Chase."

She sniffled, pulling back away from him.

"Being there, with all of your parents?"

He nodded understandingly.

"I just- I could really use the support right now. My dad doesn't want anyone to know but... he has brain cancer."

Marina looked up at Chase in shock.

A mind as brilliant as Victor Stein, taken by cancer.

"I know he might be- a totally evil murdering psycho, but... he's still my dad."