¤ Chapter 13

"You've arrived?" asked Julian when Nate got home. "Why didn't you call me? I would go and pick you up."

Nate pouted. ow he said he would when he told her to go home by herself. Nate decided not to respond to him and went straight to the bedroom.

"Mum said you've been home since afternoon, so why did you arrive so late?" asked Julian who followed Nate into the bedroom.

Nate gasped. Oh no, what should she say?

"I went home by bus because I didn't get a train ticket," replied Nate, lying.

"Have you had dinner?"

"I'm not hungry. You can just go eat on your own."

When Nate finished taking a shower, she saw that Julian and his car were gone. Maybe he went out for dinner. Nate pulled out her phone and saw a message from Keith.

From: Keith

Just parted with you and I miss you already.

Nate couldn't help but smile. It felt like this was her first time for her mind filled by a man. She couldn't even remember being this enthusiastic when she first married Julian.

Keith looked a hundred times more handsome than usual when Nate ran into him at work. Even just seeing his smile was able to make her heart almost jump from its place. Keith didn't show his affection for Nate in front of their co-workers. He would still look serious when asking about the marketers' order process, and still reproached her if she made a mistake.

However, Keith would turn into more affectionate when they were alone together. He would stop by Nate's office just to give her a kiss, even when they ran to each other on the stairs, or some other blind spots that no one could see. Those got Nate excited and wanting to meet him all day. She also couldn't take her eyes off Keith when he was leading a meeting with the marketers. She wondered if he was always this handsome, or that merely because Nate was in love.

Wait, in love?

♤♡◇♧

That morning, Nate was flustered because she couldn't find her mobile phone. She had looked under her pillow, in her bag, and in the study upstairs, but she just couldn't find it anywhere. As Nate recalled, she texted Keith in the study last night, then she went straight to bed because Keith was going bowling with his friends.

Nate breathed a sigh of relief when she saw that her phone was in her dresser drawer. Maybe she kept it there when she put on her night cream before bed. Nate immediately put the phone in her bag and went to work.

Nate was playing music on her computer when she saw Keith pass her window and walk into the marketing room. Nate wondered why Keith didn't stop by her office as usual. She looked around for something to take with her, and then went into the marketing room. Keith just glanced at her from inside his office as Nate walked past, then looked back at the files he was holding. Nate pouted. Was this man tired of her already?

"Hi, you must be Matilda, Mrs Carter's successor." said a girl with curly hair who was standing in front of the file storage drawer. "I'm Penny, marketer staff."

"Ah, so you're that Penny," said Nate, shaking Penny's hand. She had heard that there was a marketing staff named Penny who had a long rest because she had an accident last year.

"Yes, how did you know about me? Layla must have told you, huh?"

Nate just grinned. Layla had never met Penny in person, but she knew a lot about her. "Oh, by the way, just call me Nate."

"Nate!" called Harry. Nate went straight to him. "Here's Alicia, a new marketer."

A curvy girl sitting near Jay immediately stood up and shook Nate's hand. She looks younger than Nate, but she's definitely better at dolling herself up.