Chapter 55

𝑶𝒉, 𝒎𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝒐𝒉, 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒉, 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒉, 𝑰'𝒎 𝒊𝒏 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆, 𝒚𝒆𝒂𝒉. 𝑰 𝒓𝒆𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒚𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒎𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒉𝒔, 𝒂𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒅, 𝒘𝒂𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐏𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐎 𝐓𝐄𝐗𝐓𝐒 𝐌𝐄 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐘, 𝐒𝐀𝐘𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐑𝐓, 𝐈 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐀𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐀 𝐓𝐀𝐗𝐈. I tell the cabbie, "Bring me to the airport. I want to see if I can see the Barcelona guys come. I think they're arriving back in Barcelona here today."

"Oh, really?" the cabbie, a man with an orange goatee, greasy hair, and a white spotted button-down, says in a friendly tone. "You think you'll actually be able to get close enough to the yellow tape to see them?"

"I sure hope I can," I grin to myself. "I sure hope so."

After what seems like much too long of a drive, the cabbie pulls over at the airport. I pay him, and head inside the airport. The yellow tape is already there, and so are fans, and so are the security guards, and so are the paparazzi. But I'm determined. I slip my way through some people, until there is only one barrier between me and being right against the yellow tape- three tall, handsome, lighthearted, strong guys that are loudly laughing and talking. I grin to myself. This is the best possible situation. I lean up and tap one of them on his shoulder. He turns around, and his friends look back, too. I lightly flip my dark hair before tucking it behind my ear, bat my mascara-covered lashes, and tilt my hip to one side, putting my hand on it, with a small smile. "Hey, sir, you're not bad looking, you know," I decide to go with. You've got to do what you've got to do, in order to see the guy I'm really looking for. This guy is relatively hot himself, with short cut blond hair, broad shoulders, and fashionable style. He doesn't even compare with my Pablo.

"I'm not?" he asks, eyebrows raised in what looks like sarcasm. "Well, thanks, missy." Suddenly, a boyish grin appears on his face, and he crosses his arms over his chest, saying, "You're pretty hot yourself. What's your name?" he demands in the end.

I raise one eyebrow, saying simply, "Ember. Ember Escarro. It's nice to meet you. What's your name?"

"Why should I tell you?" he grins wider.

"I told you my name."

He's quiet a second, before saying, "I'm Ricardo."

"No last name? Just Ricardo?" I tease.

"Just Ricardo." If his grin can get any wider, it just does.

"Well, alright, Ricardo. If I'm so hot, I've got a little idea for you here, m'kay?"

"Matters what your idea is, Ember."

"Alright. How about you let me have a spot against the yellow tape this whole time? I'll stand in front of you... I'm shorter than you. Way shorter. I won't be blocking your view of the Barcelona players. I won't complain if you reach over me or anything. I just want to be against the yellow tape."

"Maybe, but it matters what I get."

"Oh, yes, of course, you need to get something out of this. Well, sorry, man, it won't be going home with you. I've got a much better man. But if you let me stand against the yellow tape, you're free to touch me wherever you'd like. I mean, if it isn't enough to have me pressed against you, because there's not much room here, and especially not a lot between you and that yellow tape. But for that time, I won't complain or shout. I'm all yours."

He seems to consider this, before saying, "I'm not sure if your 'much better man' would be too pleased with this offer you're suggesting, would he?"

I grin. "No, no, he'd understand. I've got to do what I've got to do."

"What, he's some crazy Barca fan, too? Why isn't he here with you?"

"Oh, he's... at work, unfortunately.  And yeah, I guess you could say he's a Barca fan, in an interesting way..." I smile at this conversation, which seems humorous to me, who knows, unlike this Ricardo guy.

He looks perplexed, before saying, "I'm no creep, girlie, especially if you've got a man..."

"Are you a good, sweet, guy?"

"I guess you could call me that."

"A gentleman?"

"Certainly."

"Perfect," I grin with a wink. "A good, sweet, gentleman would let a shorter woman stand in front of him to see, no?"

"I see what you're doing," he says, rolling his eyes. He sighs, before saying, "Alright, Ember girl, you've won me over. You can stand in front of me. You're just that good at convincing... And that pretty."

"Well, looks and talent work well together," I grin widely, slipping in front of him. This is a win-win. I happened to run into the perfect guy to steal a spot from. Not a creep, but just girl-crazy enough.

I wait for about fifteen more minutes, and then people start screaming. Because the Barca players are coming. I grin, getting excited to see Pablo again. It's been way too long. They start coming, and when Pedri goes by, he sees me, and grins, giving me a slight nod and a small wave.

And then Pablo comes passed, and he's staring ahead, trying to ignore the fans, as he usually does. So I discreetly hold out my hand, just swiping his shoulder. He stops, looking at me, and a smile paints across his face. He can't even help it, and I love that so much. He mouths to me, just quiet enough for me to hear, just directed enough for only me to understand, Meet me at my house.

Then he continues walking down the path guarded off my yellow tape, and I'm blushing madly, grinning. "Wait, what was that?!" Ricardo asks behind me, but I turn around and push past him. And everyone. Through the crowd, and run out of the airport. And I get a cab, determined to get to his house. In  the cab, he texts me.

𝖦𝖺𝗏𝗂:
𝖲𝖾𝖾𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗉𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗌𝖺𝗇𝗍 𝗌𝗎𝗋𝗉𝗋𝗂𝗌𝖾. 𝗍𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾'𝗌 𝖺 𝗄𝖾𝗒 𝗂𝗇 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝗈𝖿 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝖾𝖿𝗍 𝖻𝗎𝗌𝗁 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝖽𝗈𝗈𝗋 𝖻𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖻𝖺𝖼𝗄 𝖽𝗈𝗈𝗋 𝖻𝗒 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗉𝗈𝗈𝗅. 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗐𝖺𝗂𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗆𝖾 @ 𝗆𝗒 𝗁𝗈𝗎𝗌𝖾 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝖾

I love that he has just taken to calling me 'love'.

I get to his house as fast as I can, in complete excitement.