Chapter 4

Enid held Wednesday the whole ride to the Addams manor, her focus still on the distressed girl, relieved she was slowly relaxing.

She knew that ultimately Wednesday would need to sleep this off, all too happy to hold her while she did.

She watched as they slowly drove up the long, gravel driveway to reveal the dark, ominous and looming Addams manor.

"Woah!" Enid whispered, taking it all in.

"Welcome to the Addams family estate. We have more than enough room for you to roam the grounds should you need to stretch your legs, or paws." Morticia smiled.

As they came to a stop, Gomez got out and opened the door for his wife, offering her a hand to assist her, before graciously coming over to open to door for Enid, knowing better than to try and help them out after Wednesday's reaction before.

"Lurch will carry your bags up to Wednesday's room. Take your time to get settled in and we will see you later for lunch." Gomez smiled. "Pugsley will show you to her room."

Enid nodded and slowly made her way up the stairs, Thing having hopped onto her shoulder, greeted at the door by who she assumed was Wednesday's little brother, Pugsley.

"Who are you? Why are you holding Wednesday? Is she okay?" Pugsley asked, looking concerned for his older sister.

"Yeah, she just needs to lie down. Can you show me to her room, please?" Enid asked politely.

"Wait, you didn't tell me who you are." He replied, narrowing his eyes a little.

Wednesday grumbled in her arms, clearly frustrated about being delayed getting inside.

"I'm Enid. I'm Wednesday's girlfriend." She replied, shifting Wednesday in her arms slightly.

"GIRLFRIEND!" Pugsley exclaimed, clearly surprised. "Never thought Wednesday would ever let anyone close to her." Pugsley replied.

"I don't mean to be rude, but can you show me her room now?" Enid asked again, getting frustrated, her claws popping out as she growled ever so slightly.

"Woah! Your claws are so cool!" Pugsley remarked, clearly enjoying the social interaction.

Annoyed, Wednesday turned her head and glared at her little brother, making him shudder and step back from the door, allowing Enid to finally walk over the threshold.

"H-her room's this way." Said Pugsley, walking up a set of nearby stairs, leading the way.

When she finally made it to Wednesday's room, she quickly set about laying her down on the bed under her weighted blanket, kissing her quickly as she tucked her in, Thing jumping off her shoulder to sit on the bedside table.

"I'll come cuddle you in a sec. I'm just gonna go help carry my stuff upstairs." Whispered Enid, pecking her lips once more. "Get some rest." She smiled softly, gently brushing her fringe out of her eyes, running the back of her fingers down her cheek, Wednesday's eyes slowly drifting shut.

Taking her leave, Enid walked back down the stairs quicky, collecting her bags from the car, and even collecting Wednesday's cello in her free hand, looking ridiculous at her small stature carrying so many things, despite her werewolf strength.

She made her way back up the stairs, noting that Lurch had delivered the rest of Wednesday's luggage and stacked it neatly in a corner. Enid carefully put her things and Wednesday's cello in the pile, to be dealt with later, and climbed in beside her girlfriend, gently pulling her in against her, feeling Wednesday easily snuggled into her, draping an arm over her belly as they both drifted off to sleep.

They were later woken by a polite knock on the door, Enid slowly blinking awake as she saw Morticia in the doorway.

"How is she?" She asked softly.

"She's much calmer now. We both kinda fell asleep." Enid admitted sheepishly, feeling self-conscious with Wednesday draped over her as she slept peacefully.

"That's quite understandable. It was a stressful situation. Rest is a natural way to recover." She smiled, walking over and sitting on the edge of the bed, careful not to jostle her daughter.

"Lunch is served when you're ready. I just wanted to come let you know."

"Thank you. I'll wake her." Enid said with a small smile, turning to Wednesday, who was still curled up against her chest, and placed a light kiss to her forehead.

"Wedns, you hungry?" She asked, feeling her stir against her, slowly blinking up at her, eyes slowly focusing.

"Hello, Enid." She murmured.

"Hi, Wends." She whispered back. "Your mum came to get us. Lunch is ready. We can go down when you're ready."

"Don't stare, mother. It's nauseating." Wednesday chided.

"I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, darling. I'm just so glad you found someone who makes you so delightfully miserable." Morticia beamed.

"As am I, mother." Wednesday replied, slowly and reluctantly sitting up.