Chapter 5: On The Road

Hey buddy...

Richard sat up and stretched, yawning his words "hey StarForm." He stood up and looked around, not seeing StarForm

It's been a while hasn't it?

Richard stood up and grabbed the stone out of his pocket "yeah, I guess it has."

How have you been? I'm sorry if that sounds unprofessional, I'm genuinely curious.

"I mean, I guess I'm good. Oh! Amy is taking me to the valley with Tulip tomorrow!"

That's... good. Has any part of the prophecy I've given you come to fruition?

"Yes actually. The entire first two sentences! Except it's considerably less gross." He waved his hand around

Good, good. Remember to be careful of your choices.

Richard rolled his eyes "yeah I know..." he then sat back down, for once he was in his room while talking to StarForm "can I tell you something I haven't really told anyone... I mean, I've told Amy... but to an extent..."

Uh-huh, anything.

"I've never been great at making friends, either due to my 'weird arm' or general intelligence... people would make fun of me, laugh, and talk about me behind my back... all of which I'd assume you already know..."

StarForm nodded, he had made himself visible in front of Richard

"So when I met Dipper and Mabel... I felt less out of place, because they were both my age, and weird within themselves... then they left... but I had Maxwell! And then he left... Max was my best friend. I met him only a few weeks after meeting Dipper and Mabel, he was like me, but less intelligent, and more physically damaged."

StarForm sat beside him

"After that I was alone, and even in school I was an outcast... actually... that's where it was worst..." he chuckled a little "now what's funny... I made friends as soon as I moved... and..." he sniffed, his eyes had started watering "now they're trapped in this world... because I wanted to research the box... and..."

He looked at the stone, he clenched it tightly and stared at it "this... thing..." there was clear frustration in his voice when he said 'thing' almost like he had stressed his vocal cords to say it

You know... the gem turned gray for a reason. It chose you for a reason.

He looked at StarForm with tears in his eyes "but why me?! Why did I have to be chosen for this?! I'm no guardian... I'm no... no loyal, respecting, trusting..." he looked at his robotic arm, then at the gem, then up at the starry sky and shrieked "IM A MONSTER!!!"

Purple light shot out of him on all sides, small shield particles flung from his hair as it started to spike into a purple glowing ball of power, his eyes sparked flames of light purple as he launched into the air

"What the?!" He looked at his body in the reflection of the gem and scoffed "see... a monster..." he threw the gem, it shattered against the wall and he jerked awake

"Gah!!" He jolted up and started feeling his pocket, he still had the gem, he felt his hair and looked at his phone cameras while it was facing him, he was back to normal "d-did that even actually happen...?"